Nursing home residents can experience emotional and psychological trauma, such as depression and anxiety, in response to a variety of factors - some environmental, some physiological. Personal injury attorneys in Chicago, such as the lawyers here at Steven J. Malman & Associates, may be able to provide key legal and strategic assistance for you and your family regarding your elder care abuse or neglect situation.
Typical Causes of Emotional Trauma to Elder Care Patients:
- News of the death of a close friend or a family member
- News of a medical problem/ bad news about one's own health prognosis
- Verbal abuse / harassment from nursing home staff or even from other residents
- Lack of sunlight
- Lack of protein and fat in the diet / too many refined carbohydrates in the diet
- Improper medication dosage
- Improper administration of medications
- Poor air quality
- Lack of opportunity to exercise or meditate
Some of the above causes may implicate negligent healthcare workers; other causes stem from unexpected news, physiological factors, and the like. So how can a potential claimant untangle these factors and determine whether a third party -- such as a nursing home staff member or a neglectful physician -- may be legally responsible for the trauma?
Our personal injury attorneys have practiced law for over 15 years, and we have worked with over 10,000 clients. Each elder care case is unique. To wit, we strive to investigate and understand as much as we can about a potential nursing home abuse / neglect situation prior to taking aggressive action. By taking that time upfront to discuss possible approaches with our clients, we deliver superior results. Learn more about our approach at www.malmanlaw.com, or give our office a call. Thanks to our zero fee guarantee, nursing home abuse / neglect claimants need not pay money out of pocket for our services; you only pay if and when we deliver for you via a verdict at trial or a settlement in your favor.