Prominent Archer Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
The Archer Heights community of Chicago, bounded by Stevenson Expressway, Knox Avenue, and rail lines, is home to many of our past and current clients. Given our successful record in resolving personal injury claims asserted by these clients, it is likely to be home to many of our future clients as well.
Don’t Trust the Insurance Company
Statistically, most personal injury claims are paid out by insurance companies. Although Illinois law forbids bad-faith bargaining by insurance companies, the practical realities of negotiating a claim still leave them a lot of leeway for tactics that we personally consider to be underhanded. Some of their favorite tricks include:
- Delaying resolution of your claim until the statute of limitations deadline arrives
- Smooth-talking you out of retaining an attorney
- Asking you trick questions designed to get you to say something that they can construe as an admission of fault
- Offering you a quick, inadequate settlement while you are under financial distress
- Demanding access to your entire medical history so that they can search for pre-existing injuries to blame your condition on
- Spying on your social network accounts (waiting for you to upload a healthy-looking photo of yourself, or example)
There Is No Such Thing as “Cookie-Cutter Justice”
At Malman Law, we discovered long ago what many law firms still don’t realize – that every case is different, every client is unique, and there is no such thing as a “one size fits all” solution to your legal needs. We take that reality seriously, and we pride ourselves on crafting individualized solutions that take into account your personal needs and concerns. Don’t settle for anything less.
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Our Primary Practice Areas
Following is an incomplete list of the types of personal injury claims we deal with:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I qualify for punitive damages?
You probably don’t, but you might. Courts and insurance companies are reluctant to award punitive damages, but it is possible. To win punitive damages, you must already be awarded ordinary compensatory damages. Additionally, you must show that the defendant acted outrageously (with an evil motive, for example), and you must prove this by an elevated standard of proof (“clear and convincing evidence”).
Is texting and driving automatic grounds for liability?
No, liability is not automatic, although texting and driving does often support liability. There are loopholes, however, including the following:
- Texting and driving did not actually cause the accident
- The defendant was reporting an emergency that he was involved in
- The defendant was using a hands-free device (if he was 19 or older)
- The defendant was legally parked at the time
- The defendant was stopped in traffic in park or neutral (but was not waiting at a red light)
What is an Affidavit of Merit in a medical malpractice claim?
An Affidavit of Merit is a document that you need before you can proceed with a medical malpractice lawsuit. It is a document signed by a qualified physician that states that the doctor has reviewed your claim and that in his opinion the defendant was negligent.
What are some warning signs that I should retain a personal injury lawyer immediately?
Under the following circumstances, it would be a very good idea to retain a personal injury lawyer:
- Your injury is likely to be long-term
- Your injury is severe
- The defendant injured you intentionally or with gross negligence
- You suspect medical malpractice
- The insurance company is giving you trouble
“But I Can’t Afford to Retain a Lawyer!”
Actually you can. We charge no upfront fees – you will not owe us a dime until your settlement or trial judgment money actually arrives. Even then, the amount will be calculated as a percentage of your recovery. And if we don’t win any money for you, our services will be free of charge. Naturally, we couldn’t afford to make this offer unless we won the vast majority of our cases.
Fortune Favors the Bold
Your best chance of successfully resolving your claim comes when you act promptly and decisively. Let us handle your claim in the most stress-free manner possible. If you have suffered an injury caused by someone else, or if you have a loved one who died that way, call Malman Law today, 24/7, at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.