Skilled Armour Square Personal Injury Attorneys
Armour Square, home of Chinatown and Chicago’s beloved White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, is where a great number of our current and former clients live. They all come to us with a similar problem – they have been harmed through the wrongful conduct of someone else, and they are seeking compensation for that harm.
At Malman Law, we have been handling personal injury claims for about 25 years (ever since 1994). Suffice it to say that there isn’t much that can happen that we haven’t run into before – and handled successfully. The numbers tell the story for us:
- 15,000 personal injury victims have received compensation through our efforts, more than the total population of Armour Square
- Our opposition has transferred more than 200 million dollars to our clients over the years
- A fair number of our clients have received multimillion dollar recoveries
- More than 95 percent of our clients’ claims are resolved out of court (because opposing parties are reluctant to face us at trial)
- We win more than 95 percent of our cases
“But I Can’t Afford an Attorney”
You can definitely afford us, because the amount that will come out of your pocket for your entire case will be precisely $0.00. If we win a settlement or judgment for you, our fee will be taken out as a percentage of your recovery. Of course, if your recovery should turn out to be zero (less than five percent of our clients face this situation), our fees will be zero too.
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Our Main Practice Areas
We handle the following types of claims, among others:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What kind of evidence do I need to win a personal injury claim?
A lot depends on the facts surrounding your claim. Some of the most common evidence used to win personal injury claims, however, include:
- Police reports
- Photographic evidence
- Witness statements and/or testimony
- Medical records
- Cell phone records (imagine their relevance to a texting and driving accident claim, for example)
What is a 'dram shop law'?
The Illinois Dram Shop Act allows the victim of an alcohol-related accident (a DUI, for example) to sue the establishment that sold alcohol to the defendant, as long as it was reasonably foreseeable that serving that person would lead to intoxication. This law can be used when the defendant whose intoxication caused the damages lacks the financial resources to pay a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
What are some common pitfalls that I need to avoid when pursuing a personal injury claim?
Do your best to avoid the following mistakes:
- Do not lie. The legal system is adept at ferreting out lies, and your credibility can be destroyed that way.
- Do not talk about the case with anyone other than your lawyer, unless your lawyer advises you to.
- Do not assume you are anonymous – you will likely be put under surveillance.
- Avoid social media, or set your profile to private.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions to the letter.
- Do not try to handle your claim without the assistance of a seasoned personal injury attorney.
The foregoing is a very incomplete list of potential pitfalls.
What is a truck's 'black box'?
A truck’s “black box” is a device that is attached to a commercial truck that records certain information such as speed and braking events. Its contents can be used as evidence to support a personal injury claim.
Protecting Your Rights Is Not Just a Job – It’s Our Mission
At Malman Law, it is sometimes tough on us to see so many injured victims come to us day in and day out with tragic stories. One of the most tragic is the story of a defendant who attempts to simply walk away from liability, leaving the victim facing a financial emergency at just the time when he or she is least capable of dealing with it. What sees us through is our profound commitment to justice.
It’s Time to Get Angry
Destructive anger is debilitating and counterproductive. Empowering anger, on the other hand, is a completely different story. If you have suffered an injury caused by someone else, it’s time to fight back. This is even more true if your loved one died in this manner. Call Malman Law today, 24/7, at 1-888-836-5975, or contact us online, for your free initial case evaluation.