Intelligent Calumet Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Calumet Heights clients come from various neighborhoods, from Calumet Heights, to Pill Hill, to Stony Island. These clients suffer from a variety of physical injuries – a broken hip from a slip and fall accident, traumatic brain injury from a motorcycle accident, or poisoning from a defective prescription drug. Some contact us after their loved one is killed in an accident.
You Can Probably Stay out of Court
At Malman Law, over 95 percent of our clients receive out-of-court settlements rather than trial judgments. If push comes to shove, however, we are ready to duke it out in court. Ironically, it is our stellar courtroom track record that tends to keep our clients out of court! Insurance companies and corporate legal departments know us, and they don’t want to face us in court. We don’t blame them.
Be Careful – Insurance Companies Can Be Downright Sneaky
Although Illinois law prohibits insurance companies from engaging in bad-faith bargaining, they will seize upon any loophole to minimize their payout. They are businesses, their purpose is to make a profit, and they don’t profit from paying claims. Following are some of their most common tricks:
- Monitoring your social media accounts (and your friends’ accounts) for evidence that your injury isn’t as serious as you are claiming
- Asking you to record an interview about the accident and then asking you trick questions during the interview
- Asking you to release your entire medical history
- Delaying your claim until the statute of limitations deadline expires
- Talking you out of retaining a personal injury lawyer
Unfortunately, insurance companies have hundreds more tricks like this up their sleeves.
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Types of Cases We Handle
Following are only a some of the types of claims we handle every day:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The defendant wants to arbitrate my claim. Under what conditions am I required to submit to arbitration?
You are required to submit your dispute to arbitration if:
(i) if each claim is less than $30,000 and you are seeking only money damages,
(ii) if you signed a contract containing an arbitration clause with the defendant before your claim arose, OR
(ii) you agreed to arbitrate after the dispute arose.
What are the most common forms of negligence?
Although there are hundreds of forms of negligence, the most common are:
- Texting and driving
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Unleashed dogs
- Mopping a floor but neglecting to erect a “Wet Floor” sign
- Failing to read a patient’s medical history
- Serving alcohol to someone who is already intoxicated
What are some tips for successfully navigating a workers' compensation claim?
At the very least, you should do the following:
- Report the injury to your supervisor, either immediately or as soon as possible (this is a legal requirement)
- Report your injury as work-related when you seek treatment
- Follow your doctor’s instructions to the letter
- Keep your employer updated on the progress of your recovery
- Keep in contact with your workers’ compensation insurance representative
What are some possible complications of a hip injury caused by a slip and fall accident?
Some of the most common complications include:
- Weakened bones and joints, making further hip injuries more likely
- Reduced mobility, potentially leading to blood clots
- Reduced independence, requiring outside care to perform daily life functions such as bathing
Due to the fact that bones become brittle with age, elderly people are particularly susceptible to complications from a hip injury.
Our Track Record Says It All
At Malman Law, the numbers tell all:
- We’ve been practicing personal injury law for nearly 25 years
- We win 95 percent of our clients’ cases
- We have served over 15,000 clients, more than the total population of Calumet Park
- We have recovered over $200 million for our clients
Let Us Take It from Here
It is not easy to squeeze a settlement out of a recalcitrant defendant, and it is even more difficult to win in court. Don’t let the opposing party talk you out of retaining a lawyer. Any mistake you might otherwise make can be avoided if you retain a first-tier personal injury lawyer to represent you.
If you were injured anywhere in Chicagoland through someone else’s misconduct, or if your loved one died that way, call Malman Law 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975, or contact us online for a free initial case consultation.