An Aggressive Personal Injury Law Firm Serving Back Injury Victims in Greater Chicago
A back injury is a traumatic event that can result in long-term consequences. Many different types of back injuries are possible, and they can occur in a great many different ways. Proving a back injury claim, however, is a matter or evidence and legal reasoning. Two particular challenges repeatedly arise in back injury claims – causation and damages.
In some cases, such as a car accident, it can be a simple matter to trace the cause of your back injury to the accident. In other cases,such as a back injury due to long-term occupational stress, tracing causation back to the defendant can be tricky without diligent research and the assistance of expert medical witnesses and experienced legal counsel.
Understanding the True Value of Your Claim
A back injury can result in lifelong pain and disability, and it can be challenging to determine the full value of your claim. How long will your disability last? How debilitating will it be? Will you be able to return to work? These questions must be answered before you will know how much compensation to demand – because once you receive compensation, you can’t come back and ask for more money later.
Don’t Let the Insurance Company Take Advantage of You
Back injury cases can be deceptively complex, and insurance adjustors are quite adept at using this reality against injury victims and inexperienced lawyers. At Malman Law, however, our clients don’t need to worry about the tactics of insurance adjustors. Our stellar track record speaks for itself:
- Over two decades in practice
- We practice personal injury law and nothing else
- Over 20,000 personal injury victims served
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation secured for our clients
- 95 percent success rate
- 95 percent of our clients’ cases are settled out of court
This firm has gone above and beyond to keep me updated and get answers to my questions at any time, weekends included! Malman Law rules in my opinion!” – Cheryl Wagemann
Our Practice Areas
Below is a partial list of the types of cases we typically handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Worker’s compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What kind of evidence will I need to press my claim?
Some examples of the evidence you will need to prove a back injury include:
- A police report, if you were injured in a traffic accident
- Photographs of the accident that injured you
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert medical testimony
- Medical records
- Medical treatment bills
- Pay slips or the equivalent (to prove lost wages)
Many other items may also be required.
2) Does it make a difference if I was injured at my workplace?
If you were injured at work, your case is likely governed by Illinois worker’s compensation law, not general personal injury law. This could make your case easier to win, but it could also reduce the amount of damages available to you. In some cases, however, even workplace accidents are covered by general personal injury law rather than worker’s compensation law..
3) I fell down a stairwell because the railing broke. Can I file a claim against the property owner?
Perhaps.To win you must prove:
- The defendant is the owner or renter of the premises
- The defendant negligently maintained his property
- You were injured on the premises, and
- Your injury was caused by the defendant’s negligence
4) I injured my back in a car accident and I believe my doctor was negligent in treating me. Can I claim against both the at-fault driver and the doctor who treated me?
Yes, it is possible to pursue both a negligent driving claim and a medical malpractice claim at the same time. Even if you lose one claim, it is still possible to win the other one.
Malman Law’s Zero Fee Guarantee
A doctor will bill you whether or not he cures your disease. An insurance company will charge you a premium regardless of whether or not you ever make a claim. It’s different at Malman Law, however – we won’t charge you a dime until we win your case. In the unlikely event that you don’t win, you won’t receive a bill from us either – our services will be free of charge.
Take Immediate Action on Your Back Injury Claim
If you have suffered a back injury that you believe might be traceable to the misconduct of someone else, you need to secure professional legal assistance as soon as possible, so that you won’t unintentionally damage your own claim. Call us today at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We can even meet you at the hospital if you so desire.