Greater Chicago’s Dedicated Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Broken Bone Victims
Vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, and violent assaults all commonly result in broken bones. A broken bone can mean medical bills, lost work time, and sometimes medical complications down the road. If you have suffered a broken bone in an accident that was not your fault, you deserve compensation.
Most broken bone claims are paid by insurance companies. Insurance companies are not known for their generosity, despite their neighborly-sounding promotional efforts. It is the insurance adjuster’s job, unfortunately, to whittle your claim down to the bare bones — no pun intended. It is our job, should you choose to retain us, to win you every penny you deserve.
You Pay Nothing Unless You Win
The way our Zero Fee Guarantee is structured, you will owe us nothing up front, and you will never owe us anything until and unless we win compensation for you. Your bill will come due only when your money has already been transferred. We win 95 percent of our cases, and if you are among the five percent, our services will be free of charge.
You Probably Won’t Have to Go to Court
Although we cannot make any ironclad guarantees, we can point to past performance. Because of our track record of victory in court, insurance companies don’t want to face us in a courtroom showdown. As a consequence, over 90 percent of our clients have won out-of-court settlements rather than courtroom verdicts.
A Word From One of Our Clients
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Our Practice Areas
Personal injury law is based largely on the same principles, no matter how you are injured. Below is a partial list of the types of claims we handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Worker’s compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Feel free to contact us even if your personal injury claim doesn’t fall within one of the foregoing categories. The same basic legal principles apply across a broad range of personal injury cases, and we are familiar with all of them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are some defenses against broken bone claims?
Many possible defenses exist. Some of the most common are:
- Expiration of the statute of limitations (generally two years, but only one year for some lawsuits against the government)
- Comparative fault (you were at least as responsible for the accident as the defendant was)
- Causation (the defendant is not the one who caused the fracture)
2) What steps should I take to prepare my broken bone claim?
Take the following steps:
- Seek medical treatment immediately so that you can document your claim.
- Write down how the accident happened and how you broke your bone, while your memory is still fresh.
- Obtain contact information for all eyewitnesses.
- Contact Malman Law as soon as possible!
3) Will my recovery be limited to medical expenses?
No. Illinois law authorizes the following types of damages:
- Economic damages: Medical expenses, lost earnings and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Non-economic damages: Psychological damages such as pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages: Awarded only when the defendant’s conduct was particularly wrongful.
4) What happens if I was partially at fault for the accident?
A court will assign each party a percentage of fault. If your percentage of fault is 50 percent or more, you will receive no compensation. If your percentage of fault is less than 50 percent, your damages will be reduced proportionately – you will lose 25 percent of your damages, for example, if you were 25 percent at fault.
20,000 Victories and Counting
Over nearly a quarter century of practicing personal injury law (and nothing else!) we have won compensation for over 20,000 injured victims – enough to fill a stadium or populate a small town. On many occasions we have won multimillion dollar recoveries for our clients. It’s no wonder the Better Business Bureau has awarded us an “A+” rating.
Make It Happen For Your Broken Bones Claim, Starting Today
It is critically important that you get started pursuing your claim as soon as possible after your accident. Your choice of law firm might be the most important decision you make in your entire case. Call us any time 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free initial case consultation. If you need us to, we can even meet you at the hospital.