Head Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in Chicago
The human brain is the most complex organism ever discovered, and in certain ways it is one of the most robust. Although the skull operates as a natural helmet, a brain injury can still occur when the force of impact is enough to counteract the skull’s shock absorber effect. The results can be frightening, permanent, and life-shattering.
Nobody can rewrite the past to prevent a motorcycle accident from happening in the first place. What Illinois personal injury law can do is compensate you for your injury as far as money is able to accomplish this purpose. Compensation claims don’t enforce themselves, however. You are likely to need the services of a seasoned Chicago motorcycle head injuries accident lawyer for that.
We Fight so You Don’t Have To
Fighting out a personal injury claim is probably the last thing you feel like doing while you are busy recovering from a head injury. Let us handle the claims process for you – you make the major decisions and we fight the battle for you.
Malman Law’s Winning Tradition
At Malman Law,history is our best witness. We represent only personal injury victims, never defendants. And since 1994, we have built up quite a track record:
- Over 15,000 happy clients
- Over $200,000,000 in compensation
- A 95 percent victory rate
- A 95 percent private settlement rate
- Many multimillion dollar settlements
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Similar Practice Areas
Malman Law handles all different types of motorcycle accident claims, including:
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Unsafe Lane Changes
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Opened Car Doors
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Speeding
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To DUI
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Sudden Stops
- Road Rash From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Muscle Damage From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Bikers Arm From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Leg Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the most common symptoms of a head injury?
The most common symptoms of a head injury are:
- Loss of consciousness
- Confusion and disorientation
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
- Dizziness or problems with balance
- Insomnia or excess sleep
- Slurred speech or difficulty with verbal articulation
Head injury symptoms might be delayed until some time after the accident that caused them.
Who can I claim against if my accident was caused by a defective motorcycle part?
Illinois products liability law allows you to file a claim against the manufacturer of the defective part as well as the distributor or anyone else in the part’s chain of distribution. You must prove that the part was defective and unreasonably dangerous at the time it left the manufacturer’s hands. Illinois law recognizes three types of possible defects:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Inadequate product warnings
I was hit by a commercial truck. Can I file a claim against the trucking company?
You can do so if the truck driver was an employee rather than an independent contractor. The court decides this issue, not the trucking company. Most commercial truckers are considered independent contractors, however. Even if the driver was an independent contractor, you can claim against the trucking company for its own negligence (overloading, for example).
What is the minimum auto liability insurance required in Illinois?
The minimum insurance coverage allowed for Illinois motorists is:
- $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident personal injury liability
- $20,000 property damage liability
- $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident uninsured motorist coverage
Our Interests Are in Harmony with Yours — We Don’t Win Unless You Win Too
We never liked the whole “billable hours” setup. Why should you pay us even if we fail to produce results? At Malman Law, you don’t. We win 95 percent of the time and if we don’t win, you don’t pay. You’ll never owe us a dime until your compensation arrives.
The Road to Victory Can Begin Today
If you have suffered a head injury in a Chicago motorcycle accident or if your spouse or close relative was killed that way, call us 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975. Otherwise, complete our online client intake form right now and we will schedule you a free consultation to discuss your case. If your injuries prevent you from getting out, we can meet you wherever you are.