Leg Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in Chicago
Leg injuries are perhaps the most common result of a motorcycle accident, and they are all but universal in side-impact collisions. Common types of Motorcycle leg injuries include broken legs, broken hip, dislocated hip, fractured knee, dislocated knee, fractured ankle, dislocated ankle, foot fractures and crush injuries. Amputation might be required in a worst-case scenario.
Although it is impossible to predict the amount of damages you might be eligible for without knowing the details of your case, they are likely to far exceed reimbursement for your medical bills. If you suffer long-term loss of function, you might be entitled to damages for disability. And if your debilitation affects your employment, you might be eligible for lost earnings.
How Most Claims Are Resolved
A typical motorcycle accident claim is ultimately paid out by the defendant’s insurance carrier, and it is normally appropriate to attempt to negotiate a settlement before taking the matter to court. If you decide to represent yourself, however, you will be negotiating against a seasoned pro with only one objective – to save the insurance company as much money as possible.
We Let the Numbers Do the Talking
At Malman Law, we can handle the negotiating for you. Superlatives are unnecessary – we let the numbers do the talking for us:
- Nearly a quarter-century representing victims of personal injury (and nobody else)
- Over 15,000 winning clients
- $200,000,000 in settlements and verdicts
- 95 percent victory rate
- 95 percent of our winning clients settle – only 5 percent go to court
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Some of Our Other Practice Areas
Malman Law handles many different kinds of motorcycle accident claims, including:
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Unsafe Lane Changes
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Opened Car Doors
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Speeding
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To DUI
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Sudden Stops
- Head Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Road Rash From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Muscle Damage From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Bikers Arm From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best way to prevent a leg injury in a motorcycle accident?
Unfortunately, because motorcycles lack frame protection, there is no truly effective way to prevent a leg injury in a motorcycle accident except to avoid the accident altogether. Crash bars, however, do provide some measure of protection.
What kind of evidence will I need to press my claim?
Some of the most common types of evidence include:
- A copy of the police report
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Testimony from eyewitnesses
- Your medical records
- Your medical bills
- Your own testimony (not necessarily in court)
- Documentary evidence of your lost wages
Other items may be required at some point.
I suspect that my doctor was negligent in treating me. Who should I claim against, the motorist who caused the accident or my doctor?
There is no reason why you can’t claim against both – a motorcycle accident claim against the negligent motorist and a medical malpractice claim against your doctor. If your doctor made your existing motorcycle accident injury even worse, you could be entitled to two recoveries.
I was in an accident with a commercial truck. How much liability insurance do they carry?
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations require commercial truck drivers to maintain the following minimum liability insurance coverage if the truck’s gross weight is 10,000 pounds or more:
- $750,000 for ordinary loads;
- $1,000,000 if the truck is carrying automobiles; and
- $5,000,000 if the truck is carrying extremely hazardous materials.
Our BIll Is Zero Until You Win
When you win 95 percent of your cases, you’re big enough to bend a little – you don’t even bother charging for your services unless you bring home compensation for your clients. At least that’s the way we feel here at Malman Law. We won’t charge you anything up front, and we won’t charge you anything ever unless you win and your money actually arrives.
Decisive Action Makes It Happen
You may feel that your life has turned upside down since the accident. But boldness has magic in it. Call Malman Law 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or fill out our online contact form, and we will schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions. And If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.