Muscle Damage from Motorcycle Accidents in Chicago
“Muscle damage” is a catch-all term that can refer to whiplash, back strains, muscle weakness, spasms, and other conditions. One of the most insidious aspects of many forms of motorcycle muscle damage is the fact that it may occur some time after the accident. The longer you wait to see a doctor, the harder it can be to prove that your muscle damage was caused by the accident.
In our experience, defendants and insurance companies will jump on any weakness in a motorcycle accident victim’s claim and exploit it for the maximum possible leverage. We see it as part of our job to alert you to potential claim-damaging mistakes and to work to quickly repair any mistakes that have already been made.
Nobody Bullies Our Clients. Nobody.
At Malman Law, we still see red when we catch a defendant or an insurance company trying to bully our clients. We won’t stand for it, and our results prove it:
- We’ve been representing accident victims continuously since 1994
- 15,000 clients have collected over $200,000,000 through our efforts
- We win 95 percent of the time
- Only five percent of our clients have to go to trial – the rest receive private settlements
- A number of our clients have received astronomically high settlements
A Former Client Speaks Out
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Related Practice Areas
Malman Law handles the following types of motorcycle accident claims, among others:
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Unsafe Lane Changes
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Opened Car Doors
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Speeding
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To DUI
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Sudden Stops
- Head Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Road Rash From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Bikers Arm From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Leg Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I file a claim over a 'whiplash' injury?
Yes, you can. “Whiplash” refers to a soft tissue injury to the neck. Unfortunately, this type of injury can be very painful even though it can sometimes be difficult to produce direct medical evidence for its severity. Nevertheless, accident victims commonly recover damages for whiplash injuries.
What are some of the ways that motorcycle accident victims unintentionally damage their claims?
Hopefully you haven’t already made any of the following mistakes:
- Waiting too long to see a doctor
- Apologizing for the accident “just to be polite.”
- Signing over full access to your medical history to the insurance company
- Allowing public access to your social media accounts while your case is pending, especially if you comment on your accident
These are just a few of many possible pitfalls.
What are some common tricks that insurance companies like to play to avoid paying compensation?
There are too many to list here. The following are some of the most common:
- Pressuring you to sign a quick “lowball” settlement offer
- Making an inadequate settlement offer and then setting an arbitrary “take it or leave it” deadline
- Asking you trick questions and then using your answers against you later
- Scouring your social network sites for evidence that your injuries are not as serious as you claim they are
Is it automatic negligence to break a traffic safety law?
Not in Illinois. Breaking a traffic safety law is prima facie evidence of negligence. In other words, it is negligence unless the accused motorist proves that it did not amount to negligence under the circumstances. Even if it is ruled negligence, you must still prove that this negligence actually caused the accident.
Our Services Are Free of Charge Unless You Win
In most industries, the interests of service providers are adverse to the interests of their clients. Your insurance company, for example, loses money every time it pays a claims. At our office, it’s the opposite. Our fees are set at a percentage if the amount of compensation we secure for you. This means that the more money you make, the more money we make.
Let Us Help You Fight Back
Standing up to evasive defendants and greedy insurance companies is our job – \it’s what we do every day. Call us anytime 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975, or complete our online intake form to set up a free consultation where we can discuss your case and examine your options. We can even meet you in the hospital or at your home if you so require.