Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Speeding
Nearly 5,000 people are killed in motorcycle accidents every year and, adjusting for number of miles driven, fatalities are about fifteen times as high as they are for motorists. Motorcycle accidents caused by a speeding motorist are particularly likely to involve catastrophic injury. When this happens, it is critical that you demand every penny of compensation you are entitled to.
We Can Help You Through This DIfficult Time
Recovering from a serious motorcycle accident injury may turn out to be one of the most stressful periods of your life. And dealing with a stingy insurance company is the last thing you are going to want to concern yourself with. At Malman Law, we can handle the hard part for you while you make the major decisions and spend the rest of your energy recovering your health.
Insurance Companies Don’t Like Us Very Much…
And we don’t blame them a bit. We wouldn’t want to face us either with this kind of track record:
- We have nearly a quarter of a century of experience representing personal injury victims
- We have represented over 15,000 winning clients
- Our clients have won over $200,000,000 in compensation
- We win 95 percent of the time
- We settle 19 out of 20 cases out of court – but when we do go to court, we usually win
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Some of Our Related Practice Areas
Malman Law handles a great variety of motorcycle accident claims, including:
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Unsafe Lane Changes
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Opened Car Doors
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To DUI
- Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Due To Sudden Stops
- Head Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Road Rash From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Muscle Damage From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Bikers Arm From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
- Leg Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents In Chicago
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the driver automatically negligent if he was exceeding the speed limit at the time of the crash?
Although a speeding driver is likely to be found negligent, this is not inevitable. When a driver violates a safety law incident to an accident, Illinois law considers it prima facie evidence of negligence. This means that the driver can try to prove that his act was not negligent even though it was illegal.
How much can I expect to recover for my accident?
This is impossible to say without knowing more about your case. The general categories of compensation under Illinois law include:
- economic damages such as medical expenses;
- intangible damages such as pain and suffering, disability and disfigurement; and
- exemplary (punitive) damages if you qualify for them.
What are 'pain and suffering' damages?
Pain and suffering damages are designed to compensate you for physical and mental suffering caused by the accident. To recover for mental suffering, however, you must have suffered a physical injury. These types of damages sometimes amounts to far more than compensation for medical expenses.
What should I do to prepare for my claim?
You should take the following measures (along with any other measures suggested by your lawyer):
- Photograph your injuries and any damage to your motorcycle
- Keep all medical records and bills
- Keep records and bills of all related expenses (such as lost wages)
- Do not sign any documents unless your lawyer advises you to
- Do not apologize for the accident
- Set your social media profile to a high privacy setting
You Don’t Pay Unless You Win
Unlike your doctor who will bill you regardless of the outcome of your medical treatment, we won’t charge you a penny unless you win your claim either in court or at the settlement table. After all, we charge on a percentage basis, and any percentage of zero is still zero. That means you can afford to retain us no matter what your financial circumstances.
Decisive Action Makes the Difference
Yes, you can fight back against stingy insurance companies and evasive defendants, because we know exactly what to do. Call Malman Law 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975, or complete our online contact form and we will schedule you a free case consultation to discuss your options. We can even meet you in the hospital or at your home if you can’t come to our office.