Chicago Truck Accidents Due to Driver Error
Driver error is one of the most common causes for any type of vehicle accident. When the driver is at the wheel of a truck, especially an 18-wheeler, the consequences can be catastrophic. At what point does an error rise to the level of civil liability? This is the point where lawyers argue – assuming that driver error is proven in the first place.
Sometimes the question of liability boils down to the details of the accident, which can be difficult to determine from eyewitness testimony alone. Fortunately, commercial trucks carry “black box” data recorders that can be used to reconstruct a truck accident. The data from these recorders can be used as evidence in court or during negotiations.
Our Opponents Fear Us – for Good Reason
You can win a truck accident claim by getting lucky. Nevertheless, your chances of winning increase dramatically when you retain a law firm with a winning track record that focuses exclusively on personal injury. Not only does this increase your odds of winning, it is likely to increase the amount you win. Although no one can offer a guarantee, history does speak clearly:
- Nearly 25 years of personal injury claim experience, including a multitude of truck accident cases
- 15,000 winning clients
- 95 percent victory rate
- Only 5 percent of our winning clients have gone to trial; the remainder have been settled privately
- Our clients have won a total of $200,000,000 plus over the years
- Our trial record is exemplary
- We have won numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements
- Our lawyers have been showered with professional awards
“Steve and Kelly were great! The entire process moved much faster than we thought it would. We received a nice size settlement. I would highly recommend Malman Law!” – Susan
Related Practice Areas
At Malman Law, we handle all different sorts of truck accident claims:
- Truck Accidents Due to Distracted Driving
- Truck Accidents Due to DUI
- Truck Accidents Due to Driver Fatigue
- Truck Accidents Due to Faulty Truck Design
- Back and Neck Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Broken Bones From Truck Accidents
- Head Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Lacerations From Truck Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis From Truck Accidents
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some injury symptoms that might not show up immediately?
Some of the most common include:
- Symptoms of a head injury
- Many others
Always seek treatment immediately after a truck accident regardless of whether you think you were hurt or not. Failure to do so could seriously damage your case.
What are some of the differences between truck accident cases and other vehicle accidents?
In a truck accident:
- Injuries tend to be more serious and wrongful death claims are more frequent.
- Insurance claim limits are higher for commercial truckers than for ordinary motorists, meaning that your claim is less likely to exceed the defendant’s policy limits.
- Truckers are heavily regulated, and a regulatory violated could help you win your claim.
Should I start negotiating with the insurance company before get a lawyer?
No, you shouldn’t. Negotiating a truck accident claim is like running through a minefield – it’s only safe if you know where the mines are. If you negotiate alone, you are likely to make an error that will permanently damage your claim.
Can I still win if I was partly at fault for the accident?
It depends on the degree of your fault. As long as you were less at fault than the defendant was, Illinois comparative fault rules allow you to receive some compensation. The amount of your compensation will be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. For example, you will lose 30 percent of your damages if the accident is ruled 30 percent your fault.
You Can Afford Us No Matter What Your Circumstances
You might have heard the horror stories of lawyers racking up astronomical “billable hours” for ambiguous activities like “file review.” We don’t operate that way at Malman Law. You will owe us nothing until your money arrives – and if it never does arrive, our bill will never arrive either. Our services are free unless you win.
Contact Us Now for a Free Consultation
We serve truck accident clients throughout Chicagoland and beyond. Telephone us 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or fill out our online contact form for a free initial consultation, where we can answer your questions and discuss your options. We can also meet you in the hospital, at your home, or wherever is convenient for you.