Knowledgeable Dolton Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Helping Victims
Placing your loved one in a nursing home can be a painful and frightening experience. Most nursing homes are conscientious and do their best to take good care of their residents. However, the harsh truth is that no nursing home can absolutely guarantee that your loved one will not suffer abuse at the hands of a careless or even malevolent staff member. If the unthinkable happens you need experienced and compassionate Dolton Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys by your side.
Nursing Home Staff Shortages
The National Center on Elder Abuse estimates than nearly 50 percent of all nursing homes suffer from staff shortages – a primary driver of nursing home abuse. Regardless of the root cause of the abuse, it must be stopped immediately. And after it is stopped, your loved one is entitled to full compensation. Professional assistance is practically a necessity if you want to that to happen.
An Unsurpassed Track Record
A lot can happen in over two decades practicing personal injury law, and many good things have happened at Malman Law.
- Over 20,000 clients have received compensation through our efforts (if they were all from Dolton, they would represent about two-thirds of the population!)
- Our clients have walked away with a staggering $200,000,000 in total
- 95 percent of our clients win their cases
- 95 percent of our winning clients receive private settlements, not trial verdicts
One of Our Clients Speaks Out
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G.
About Dolton, IL
The Village of Dolton, known in some quarters as the “Gateway to the South Suburbs,” sits in Cook County just south of Chicago. The 22,000 or so residents of Dolton include at least 2,000 senior citizens. Still more senior citizens, originally from Dolton, now reside in nursing homes throughout the Greater Chicago area.
Other Kinds of Claims We Handle
We handle just about any type of personal injury claim, including:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are the legal rights of nursing home residents in Illinois?
Nursing home residents enjoy a multitude of legal rights.
- The right to refuse medical treatment
- The right to be free from chemical restraints as a means of discipline or staff convenience
- The right to social contact (freedom from involuntary seclusion)
- The right to receive a copy of medical records
- The right to private communications (staff cannot read residents’ emails, for example)
2) How can I discover if my loved one is being improperly medicated?
If you suspect that your loved one is being improperly medicated, take the following steps:
- Demand a copy of your loved one’s medical records
- Speak with the nursing home administration
- Contact a Dolton nursing home abuse lawyer
3) What kind of claim can I file if my loved one died due to nursing home abuse?
If you are the personal representative of your loved one’s probate estate, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim under Illinois wrongful death law, The personal representative is typically the executor named in the deceased victim’s will. It can also be someone appointed by the court (typically a close relative) in the event that no one was named in the will. Wrongful death recoveries can be substantial.
4) Are punitive damages available for nursing home abuse claims?
In Illinois, punitive damages are available in addition to normal compensatory damages, but only in cases of outrageously wrongful conduct. In nursing home abuse cases, they are limited to costs and attorney’s fees. Punitive damages are not available in wrongful death cases based on nursing home abuse, although compensatory damages are readily available.
We Won’t Bill You a Dime Unless We Win Your Case
We don’t think our clients should pay for nothing, and we won’t charge you for nothing. That means that if you should turn out to be one of the five percent of our clients who receive no compensation, our total bill will be zero. Since we charge no upfront fees, you can afford to retain us even without a dime. Justice shouldn’t be only for rich people, and at Malman Law it isn’t.
The Time to Act is Now. Contact Dolton’s Compassionate Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
If you think your loved one might be suffering from nursing home abuse in Greater Chicago, telephone Malman Law at (312) 629-0099 or toll-free at 1-888-625-6265. Alternatively, simply fill out our online contact form for a free initial consultation with our proven Dolton nursing home abuse attorneys. If you can’t come to us, we can visit you wherever you are.