A Personal Injury Law Firm for the People of Greater Chicago
East Garfield Park, home of the Garfield Park Conservatory, is also home to many of the personal injury victims we have served over the years. We have visited several clients at the nearby Sacred Heart Hospital on West Franklin Boulevard, and we have met with others at RML Specialty Hospital on West Van Buren Street.
Since the human body is such a fragile instrument, there are many different ways to get injured. The one aspect that all personal injuries share in common, however, is that one person was injured through the misconduct of another. That’s simply not right, and it is our job here at Malman Law to set it right by making sure you receive the full compensation to which you are entitled.
You Are Entitled to More Than Simple Reimbursement of Your Medical Expenses
Not only are you entitled to past, present, and estimated future medical expenses, you are also entitled to everything you lost as a result of the accident. How long did you have to take off work to recover? You are entitled to full compensation for your lost earnings. Did you incur child care expenses while you were in the hospital? You are entitled to reimbursement for that as well.
That’s not all – not necessarily, anyway. You are also entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Although there is no easy way to put a dollar value on something as intangible as pain and suffering, in some cases pain and suffering compensation amounts to several times the amount awarded for medical expenses.
Malman Law Can Help You Calculate the True Value of Your Claim
Insurance companies, in particular, absolutely love unrepresented claimants. These poor people almost always drastically underestimate the value of their personal injury claim. We won’t underestimate it, though.
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Types of Claims We Handle
Following are only a few examples of the types of personal injury claims we handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What kind of tricks will a defendant or insurance company use to avoid paying full compensation?
There are too many to list here. However, some of the most common tricks include:
- Offering a quick but inadequate settlement before you’ve even left the hospital
- Asking for a recorded statement and then using your own words against you
- Lulling you into missing the statute of limitations deadline
2) I signed a contract with the defendant that contained an arbitration clause. Does this matter?
If you signed an arbitration clause, arbitration might be impossible to avoid. Arbitration, however, is quicker and simpler than courtroom litigation, and even an arbitration clause cannot stop you from negotiating a settlement. So you’re not necessarily at a disadvantage.
3) What is a deposition?
A deposition is a pretrial proceeding in which witnesses are questioned by each party’s lawyers. The witnesses are under oath, the proceedings are recorded, and anything said at a deposition can be used against you at a trial. Unless a trial is near, you probably won’t have to attend a deposition.
4) What are some common false beliefs about personal injury claims?
- “It will take years to get my money.” Most claims are resolved in weeks or months.
- “I can save money by representing myself.” A good lawyer is likely to increase the value of your compensation by an amount that greatly exceeds his legal fees.
- “The defendant’s insurance company will pay my hospital bills while I recover.” They are unlikely to pay you anything until a settlement or verdict is reached.
Not All Law Firms Are Created Equal
Any lawyer who passes the bar exam can rent an office and represent clients in most types of cases – regardless of whether he has any actual real-world experience. In nearly a quarter of a century of practicing personal injury law, however, we have picked up the experience that makes all the difference in our clients’ lives.
- Over 20,000 satisfied personal injury clients
- Over $200 million in injury compensation awarded to our clients
- A 95% victory rate
- A 95% out-of-court settlement rate
- Many multi-million dollar settlements
- A stellar courtroom trial record
Take Immediate Action to Enforce Your Legal Rights – Contact Malman Law Today
Fill out our online contact form or call us at 1-888-836-5975 (24/7) for a free initial case consultation. Even if your injuries are so severe that you cannot make it to our office, we can come to you.