A Personal Injury Law Firm Serving the People of Greater Chicago
East Side, Chicago attracts visitors from elsewhere in Chicago and further afield to enjoy Eggers Woods and Calumet Park. Our East Side clients contact after suffering a serious personal injury such as a motorcycle crash or a workplace accident. Many of them end up at the South Shore Hospital, the Advocate Trinity Hospital or another nearby medical center.
At Malman Law, we have discovered that the most effective response when someone has injured you through their carelessness or other misconduct is something we call “empowering anger,” to be contrasted sharply with “helpless anger.” We see it as our job to provide you with the legal muscle you need to demand and obtain full compensation for everything you have lost.
Yes, You Can Afford Us!
You may have heard talk about retainers and billable hours, and that might have led you to believe that you cannot afford to retain us. At Malman Law, however, we don’t ask for retainers and we don’t charge by the hour. Our fees are taken out as a percentage of the amount we eventually recover for you – and if you don’t win, you don’t pay.
Winning is a way of life at our firm, however. Although we cannot offer any guarantees, we can point to the fact that we win over 95 percent of our cases – and the vast majority of these victories are settled out of court. If the opposing party insists, however, we are more than ready to battle it out in court. And our successful track record proves we know what we’re doing.
Insurance companies in particular tend to become a LOT more cooperative once our clients inform them that we are the firm representing them!
Testimonial from a Satisfied Client
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Types of Cases We Handle
Following are only a few examples of the types of personal injury claims we handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Are there any common pitfalls I should be aware of so that I don’t damage my claim?
- The following policies (among others) should help to protect your claim:
- Don’t accept a quick settlement from the opposing party
- Do not provide the opposing party with excessive information such as a recorded statement or access to your medical records
- Suspend your social media accounts or set them to private
- Contact us as soon as possible after your accident
2) What could an insurance company find on my social media account that might hurt my claim?
An insurance company will use anything it can, including:
- A photo of you standing up that was taken before your accident but uploaded afterwards
- Something you “tweet” that minimizes your suffering, even if your only purpose was to reassure your friends
- Many people wishing you “a happy birthday” (believe it or not!)
3) Can I still win if the accident was partly my fault?
Perhaps. Under Illinois contributory fault law, you can still win as long as the defendant was even more at fault than you were. However, your damages will be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. For instance, if you were 15 percent at fault, then 15 percent will be subtracted from your compensation.
4) Does $200,000,000 Sound Like a Lot of Money?
Your claim might be worth more than you think it is. For example, pain and suffering damages often amount to far more than reimbursement for medical expenses. Over the last 20-plus years we’ve collected more than $200,000,000 in personal injury damages for over 20,000 clients, including many multimillion-dollar settlements. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Timing is Important – Act Today
The fundamentals of personal injury law are broadly similar no matter how you are injured, and in certain types of claims you can win even without showing fault on the part of the defendant. To win, though, you will need to prevail over an intricate and brutally competitive Chicago personal injury compensation system.
If you have suffered an injury that you believe may have been someone else’s fault, or if your loved one has died that way, call Malman Law today at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free initial case consultation. We answer the phone 24/7.