A Personal Injury Law Firm for the People of Greater Chicago
Grand Boulevard comprises about half of the Bronzeville neighborhood of the South Side of Chicago. Quite a number of Grand Boulevard residents have contacted us over the years, in great distress after suffering a personal injury that was caused by someone else’s misconduct. Indeed, we have met with clients at the Provident Hospital on 51st Street.
A serious personal injury – whether it arises from a car crash, a slip and fall accident, or even a dog attack – can hit you when you least expect it. Suddenly you are dealing not only with shock and pain but also with hospitalization, lost earnings, medical bills, and the need to deal with a personal injury compensation system that is complex, arcane, and competitive by nature.
In Personal Injury Law, Nice Guys Really Do Finish Last
Most personal injury victims do not end up receiving anywhere near the amount of compensation that their personal injury claim is worth. Some victims don’t even end up with enough to pay their medical bills. Some victims, traumatized by injury, meekly accept the unfair denial of their claim by an evasive defendant or insurance company.
It really makes us angry when we hear about cases like these, and we are determined not to let the same thing happen to any of our clients. Nobody messes with our clients. You might not realize how much your claim is really worth, but we will be able to come up with a fair estimate once we learn the details of your case. Depending on the circumstances, you may be eligible for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering, and other intangible losses
- Punitive damages (less likely but still possible under certain circumstances)
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Types of Claims We Handle
We frequently accept cases in the following areas of personal injury law:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What if I can’t afford to pay a lawyer?
You can. At Malman Law, we operate on a contingency fee basis – you pay nothing up front, and our fees are calculated as a percentage of your compensation. Under our Zero Fee Guarantee, you pay nothing unless you win.
2) My husband died in a construction accident. Can I file a lawsuit on his behalf?
Under the Illinois Wrongful Death Act, you can file a lawsuit if you are the personal representative of your husband’s estate (named in your husband’s will or appointed by the probate court).
Depending on the circumstances, your compensation may include amounts for:
- Grief and sorrow
- Loss of care and companionship
- Loss of financial support
3) What do I have to prove to win a medical malpractice lawsuit?
You must prove the following five elements:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed;
- Your healthcare provider owed you a certain “duty of care” based on his professional expertise;
- Your healthcare provider failed to meet this duty of care;
- You suffered harm;
- Your harm was caused by your healthcare provider’s failure to meet his duty of care.
4) Do I have to prove my claim “beyond a reasonable doubt”?
No. “Beyond a reasonable doubt” is the standard for a criminal prosecution, not a civil lawsuit. In a civil lawsuit you must prove your claim by a “preponderance of evidence” (about a 51% likelihood).
Personal Injury Law Is All We Do
We are Malman Law, not a typical “jack of all trades” law firm. We represent personal injury victims, and only personal injury victims – we never represent defendants. And we feel pretty good about the results. Over the last 20 or so years we have:
- Handled claims for nearly 20,000 clients (enough to fill a mid-size football stadium!)
- Won 95% of our cases
- Settled 95% of our winning claims outside of court
- Brought back over $200,000,000 in compensation for our clients
- Won many multi-million dollar settlements
Start Fighting Back Today
The sooner you begin preparing your claim, the better your chance you will have of securing full compensation. We realize that you have a lot to deal with right now, and we see it as our job to make sure that the process works as quickly and stress-free as possible, so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
Call us 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or fill out our online contact form for a free, no-obligation case consultation. And if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.