Experienced Harvey Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers For Suffering Families
The kind of personal injury claim that angers us the most is nursing home abuse. Anger can be an empowering emotion, however, if it stimulates us into taking action to help our client fight back. And that is exactly how we let our anger affect us and our proven Harvey Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers at Malman Law.
The Regulatory Maze
All nursing homes are subject to a complex web of state regulations. Nursing homes that accept Medicaid/Medicare are further subject to a second set of federal regulations. Our nursing home abuse attorneys possess an intimate familiarity with these regulations, and many of our successful nursing home abuse cases have rested on violation of these regulations.
The Numbers Tell the Story
At Malman Law, we didn’t just hang up an “Open for Business” shingle yesterday. We have collected over $200,000,000 for over 20,000 clients since 1994, when the firm was established. Some of our recent results include:
- An $11,800,000 settlement in a vehicle rollover accident case
- A $6,000,000 settlement for medical malpractice
- A $5,000,000 settlement for medical malpractice
- A $2,000,000 settlement for wrongful death.
Naturally, we cannot guarantee you any specific results. We can, however, guarantee aggressive representation by a law firm with one of the best track records in the industry.
A Word from a Satisfied Client
Nursing home abuse and neglect
Steve and Kelly were great! The entire process moved much faster than we thought it would. We received a nice size settlement.
I would highly recommend Malman Law!
– Susan January 16, 2015
More About Harvey, IL
Harvey, Illinois is home to quite a number of our current and former personal injury clients from the neighborhoods of Ashland and Greenview Manor. Inevitably, our clients are not having their best day at the time they contact us. Indeed, some of their stories are genuinely heartbreaking, and we never really get used to hearing them.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Following are a few of the kinds of cases that we handle. Keep in mind that this is only a partial list.
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) How can understaffing lead to nursing home abuse?
Understaffing – a practice that is rampant among for-profit nursing homes – inevitably leads to neglect, and neglect is a form of nursing home abuse. Bedsores are a common telltale sign of neglect, as are certain other conditions. Understaffing can also lead to injury through negligent supervision.
2) What is the difference between a nursing home and an assisted living facility?
An assisted living facility is more appropriate for seniors who are partially disabled but who do not require daily nursing care. The facility provides assistance with basic life activities such as bathing and dressing. Nursing homes provide health care services and must employ nurses.
3) What rights do nursing home residents have?
Residents of nursing homes enjoy many rights that are codified under state and federal law, including:
- The right to file a formal complaint
- The right to manage their own finances, either directly or through a designated representative
- The right to refuse medication and treatment
- The right to refuse physical and chemical restraints
- The right to private communications.
The foregoing is a small sample of the many rights that nursing home residents enjoy. It is important that you contact established and knowledgeable Harvey Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers.
4) What are my legal options?
Nursing home abuse claimants have up to four legal avenues available to them, depending on the circumstances.
- File an administrative complaint with the Illinois Department of Public Health (this may trigger an investigation).
- Demand compensation directly from the nursing home, using the threat of a lawsuit as leverage.
- File a nursing home abuse lawsuit seeking monetary compensation.
- File a criminal complaint with the prosecutor.
Yes, You Can Afford to Hire a Lawyer
As long as you have a strong claim, you don’t need a penny to retain us, because we don’t charge any upfront fees. Instead, our legal fees are deducted as a percentage of the compensation we win for you. Although we win about 95 percent of our cases, in the event that we fail to win compensation, you won’t owe us a dime.
Connect With Skilled Harvey Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys, Act Quickly to Maximize Your Chances of Victory;
Your first priority after confirming that nursing home abuse is indeed taking place is to ensure that it stops immediately. Your next priority, of course, will be to obtain compensation for the abuse that has already occurred. Call our Harvey Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers any time 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. If you cannot come to us, we can come to you.