Trusted Personal Injury Law Firm Serving Clients in Jefferson Park, Chicago
Jefferson Park, Chicago is home to the Copernicus Center, which hosts the Annual Taste of Polonia festival, and the Jefferson Park Congregational Church, which serves as one of several historic landmarks in the community. Apart from its attractions, we are familiar with Jefferson Park because many Jefferson Park residents contact us after suffering a serious personal injury.
Don’t Trust the Insurance Company
Most personal injury claims are paid by insurance companies. Of course, insurance companies like to advertise themselves as good neighbors who are in business for the warm feeling it gives them to help customers in need. Don’t fall for it – insurance companies are businesses who lose money every time they pay out a claim, and that is what motivates their behavior.
And it gets worse. Insurance adjusters are professional negotiators, and some of them have settled thousands of claims. Injury victims representing themselves or who are represented by insufficiently skilled lawyers usually receive either nothing or far less than their claim is worth.
We’ve Been Doing This for Decades
At Malman Law, we believe that superlatives are meaningless. Instead, we let the numbers do the talking for us:
- 95 percent of our clients have walked away with compensation for their injuries
- We have served more than 20,000 personal injury clients – equal to more than half the total population of Jefferson Park
- Since 1994, we have recovered an aggregate total of more than $200,000,000 in compensation for our clients
- 95 percent of our winning clients receive private settlements, not courtroom judgments
A Word From Our Client
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Our Areas of Practice
Our attorneys can handle just about any type of personal injury claim, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) I was in a collision caused by a pizza driver using a company car. Can I file a claim against the pizza parlor?
You should be able to, if:
- The driver was on-duty at the time he collided with you,
- The driver was acting within the scope of his duties (delivering pizzas) at the time of the collision, and
- The driver was an employee of the company.
2) What is the effect of proving that the defendant violated a safety law or regulation?
When you prove that the defendant violated a safety law or regulation, the defendant now has the burden to prove that – although he violated a law – his actions did not amount to negligence. This is not an easy thing to do. If you manage to establish negligence that way, all that stands between you and victory is proving that the negligence actually caused the accident.
3) Can my minor child file a personal injury lawsuit?
In Illinois, a minor cannot file a lawsuit in his own name. It is not his age at the time of the accident that matters, however, but his age on the day that he files the lawsuit. The court will appoint a guardian ad litem to file the lawsuit for him (usually a parent).
4) What excuses might an insurance company offer to justify a refusal to pay all or a part of my medical expenses?
An insurance company might claim that:
- Your injuries were pre-existing and not caused by the accident.
- Some of your medical treatment was unnecessary.
- You accepted medical care that was not approved by your primary physician.
- The cost of your treatment exceeds the insurance company’s policy limits.
What is Malman Law’s Zero Fee Guarantee?
Malman Law’s Zero Fee Guarantee states that unless we win compensation for you, you will owe us nothing for the entire case. That doesn’t mean a refund – since we charge no upfront fees – it means you will never have to pay us anything in the first place. We only win if you do, and that’s just the way we like it.
Contact Savvy Jefferson Park Personal Injury Attorneys Take Decisive Action Immediately
As time passes, evidence can grow stale. Meanwhile, the statute of limitations deadline grows ever closer. Call us today at (312) 629-0099 (toll-free at 1-888-625-6265), or fill out our online contact form. We will have someone available 24/7 to take your call and schedule you a free initial consultation. And if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.