Chicago and South Lawndale, IL Established Personal Injury Attorneys
South Lawndale is home to some of our most valued personal injury clients over the years. It is also a neighborhood that many of us enjoy. Shopping on 26th Street is always an interesting experience, as is the Little Village parade every September. Piotrowski Park, by contrast, is a welcome respite from the urban landscape.
As much as we try to forget, however, accidents of various kinds still occur with alarming frequency. Most of these accidents would have been utterly avoidable if it hadn’t been for the carelessness, reckless, or even intentional misconduct of some irresponsible person. When an irresponsible person injures you, you have the right to get angry, and you have the right to compensation.
Getting Angry Won’t Pay Your Bills, Though
Personal injury often involves considerable suffering. At Malman Law, we know all too well that it also involves potentially devastating financial consequences. Although anger won’t fix this, it can serve as a productive first step if it motivates you to fight back and claim all that you are entitled to under Illinois personal injury law.
Helping you fight back effectively is exactly what we have been doing for over 20,000 personal injury victims over the last two decades. Our 95 percent success rate puts us in the upper echelon of personal injury law firms, and it allows us to make you a special offer that might surprise you.
Malman Law’s Zero Fee Guarantee
Maybe you believe that you can’t afford to retain Chicago’s finest personal injury law firm to represent you. We say you can’t afford not to. If we take your case, you will owe us nothing in up-front fees. In fact, you will never owe us legal fees at all unless we win your case. Even then, our fees will be taken out of your recovery, so you won’t have to finance our representation out of your current assets.
A Word from One of Our Clients
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G.
Our Areas of Practice
We handle just about any type of injury claim, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Can I file a lawsuit over a criminal assault?
Yes, you can. It is also possible to win such an injury lawsuit even if the defendant is never convicted of a crime. Since few insurance policies cover defendants in criminal assault cases, however, you might find it difficult to collect the full value of your claim even if you win.
2) Can I file a claim over a one-car accident?
Perhaps, depending on the circumstance. Some favorable circumstances include:
- The accident was caused by a defective auto part.
- The accident was caused by a pedestrian.
- The accident was caused by a negligently maintained road (in which case you might have a claim against a government entity).
3) What are some common mistakes that I should avoid?
Some of the most common mistakes are:
- Not seeking medical treatment right away.
- Attempting to represent yourself without a lawyer.
- Giving a statement to the insurance company without clearing it with your lawyer first.
- Accepting a settlement without clearing it with your lawyer first.
4) What are some tips for success in settlement negotiations?
- Understand the full value of your claim.
- Know your odds of winning in court.
- Be prepared to file a lawsuit if the defendant refuses to settle on reasonable terms.
- Bring your lawyer with you to the negotiating table, or have him or her negotiate for you.
You Probably Won’t Have to Testify
Ninety-five percent is a special figure here at Malman Law, because it represents the percentage of cases that we win and, coincidentally, the percentage of our cases that are resolved at the settlement table rather than in court. Unless your case is atypical, then, the odds are good that you will not have to testify in court. If a courtroom battle does become necessary, however, we are ready and able to fight and win.
Get the Process Started Today
We realize that you may have no idea how much your claim is worth, and that is something we need to discuss. If your claim arose in Greater Chicago, call Malman Law to schedule an appointment, or simply fill out our online contact form. Remember that if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.