Chicago, IL Carpal Tunnel Injury Lawyer
Carpal Tunnel Worker’s Compensation in Illinois
If you have developed carpal tunnel syndrome(CTS) as a consequence of ajob-related injury, the Chicago Illinois job site injury and workers’ compensation attorneys here at Malman Law may be able to help right away.
An injury to the median nerve of the hand, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can create pain, numbness, or paralysis. Sufferers may also experience tingling or burning in the fingers – particularly the index and middle fingers –pain in the wrists and hands, and a weakened grip. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is thought to be caused by pressure on the wrist and is sometimes confused with arthritis. But an important distinction is that carpal tunnel has been linked to jobs that require repetitive motions, such as factory or industrial work.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), has regulations in place regarding “cumulative trauma” disorders like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but the relationship between CTS and work is controversial. Insurance companies and employers will often fight such cases, so you need an advocate on your side.
Employee Benefits Related to Carpal Tunnel Injuries
If you have developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome as a result of performing your job, it makes sense to speak to a qualified Chicago work injury lawyer at Malman Law. You may be entitled to a wide variety of benefits, such as:
- Lump Sum Settlement: After completing your treatment, and your doctor has sent you back to work, you may be entitled to compensation your time off.
- Medical Expenses: Your medical expenses can possibly be paid in full. This can include first aid, emergency room services, prescriptions, doctor’s fees and insurance deductibles.
- Choice of Doctor: You may be able to select your treating physician or health care facility.
- Temporary Disability: You may be able to collect disability insurance during your recovery period.
- Vocational Schooling: If your doctor has determined that you cannot return to your line of work, you may be eligible for additional job training.
Obviously, it can be complicated to trace the events leading to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. That’s why it’s a good idea to sit down with a Chicago worker’s comp professional at Malman Law, PC. We employ a doctor with a law degree to help us strengthen our legal approaches based on sound medical advice. We’ve provided legal service to over 10,000 Chicago area workers’ compensation and personal injury clients, and we have enjoyed a 95% success rate. See our verdicts page for some of our most rewarding cases.
Contact us today by calling our office to set up a confidential and free consultation regarding your Chicago workers’ compensation Carpal Tunnel injury. We are ready to fight for your rights.