The Law Offices of Malman Law in Chicago hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! Thanksgiving is a time for all to get together and celebrate with family and friends. For those who are traveling this Thanksgiving, Malman Law asks that you take the time to stay safe during your commute. As reports have shown, travelers by air and road throughout the nation are finding themselves in dangerous situations including snow storms, icy roads, heavy rains, and even a tornado, all during the busiest travel season of the year.
Here are some safety tips given by the American Red Cross if you plan to travel on the road!
- Check that your vehicle is in a drivable condition.
- Pack and emergency preparedness kit.
- Leave your destination with a full gas tank and stop frequently for gas as some highways can be without gas stations for miles. Also check that your tire air pressure is good to go and windshield washer fluid is full.
- Buckle up, slow down, don’t drive impaired. Designate a driver who won’t drink.
- Avoid drowsy driving and stay alert. If traveling far, make sure to rotate drivers to avoid driving tired.
- Use caution in work zones.
- Observe speed limits – driving too fast or too slow can increase the chance of being in a collision.
- If car trouble develops, pull off the road as far as possible.
- Don’t drive distracted! Take our pledge before your holiday travel on www.malmanlaw.com/distracted-driver to learn more about the dangers of distracted driving.
Malman Law hopes that you enjoy your holiday weekend and can spend time with your family and friends. The attorneys at Malman Law are thankful to serve Chicago and all of Illinois to protect the rights of the injured. Happy Thanksgiving!