Chicago nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers know that many people have a fear of nursing home neglect or abuse. Unfortunately, it is one of the risks of deciding to put your loved one in a nursing home or long term care facility and injuries resulting from nursing home abuse and neglect do happen far too often.
For this reason, Malman Law recently added two nursing home abuse and neglect Chicago attorneys to our practice to better position us to assist you or your loved ones with nursing home abuse or neglect in Chicago cases. Here are three of our recent awards:
- Malman Law recovered $260,000.00 on behalf of a nursing home patient who was afflicted with bedsores at a nursing home
- Our Chicago nursing home abuse attorneys recovered $825,000.00 on behalf of nursing home patient who was overdosed with medication and subsequently died at the care facility. Although the woman was given only weeks to live, the overdose expedited her death.
- Our team recovered $200,000.00 for a nursing home resident who contracted bedsores while at nursing home.
You do have recourse if you or a loved one
has been unfortunate enough to have suffered from nursing home neglect or abuse. A few examples of
injuries that indicate nursing home neglect or abuse include:
- Unexplained injuries (falls, fractures, etc.)
- Physical, verbal or sexual abuse or assault
- Financial exploitation
- Wrongful death
Our Chicago nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys know that there is
nothing that can take away the effects caused by
nursing home abuse. However, you may be entitled to compensation for
medical expenses, physical and emotional pain and suffering. A nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer can work on filing your case
and help you receive compensation so that you can help
your family member recover and receive appropriate care going forward.