If you are involved in a car accident and you have sustained severe injuries, it is advisable that you gather several documents prior to meeting with a personal injury lawyer. You will need to look for documents and make a few copies for the lawyer too. The documents include:
- Colored snapshots of the car accident taken from various angles.
- A sketched plan with the area or spot where the car accident took place.
- Any accident forms such as police reports or other forms if the accident occurred at work or a public place.
- If you are employed, provide three months pay stubs. This allows your lawyer to access your loss of earnings.
- Travel expenditure receipts due to the accident.
- Medical/medication bills resulting from the accident.
- A list of names and contact details of those who witnessed the accident.
- Vehicle insurance. These documents enable your lawyer to check if you have any legal expenditure linked to any of the documents. If he or she finds that you have incurred legal expenditure connected to the insurance policies, then your insurance company is held responsible to reimburse the legal costs.
All the documents above will significantly assist your personal injury lawyer in bringing your case forward. He or she will personally ask for additional documentation based on several facts pertaining to your case. People who have suffered severe injuries due to someone else’s recklessness will need to prove that the road catastrophe was indeed due to the other party’s fault. The documents provided by you will help your lawyer to prove to the court or to the insurance company that you have the right to claim for reimbursement.
It is imperative that you search for a highly experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you and your case in court. This way you will have an excellent chance of receiving the reimbursement that you deserve.
DISCLAIMER: All information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Malman Law shall not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies contained herein, or any actions taken in reliance thereon. For more information read our full disclaimer.