Established McKinley Park Personal Injury Lawyers
The McKinley Park community of Chicago is home to a great many of our current and former clients. Some contact us after an auto accident on I-55, Ashland Avenue, 35th Street or Pershing Road, among other local thoroughfares. Others contact us with concern of the treatment of their loved one in a nursing home, or after suffering a slip and fall accident at a local business.
Whatever the cause or nature of your injury, the attorneys at Malman Law stand ready to fight so that you can obtain the justice you deserve. You might be entitled to compensation even if the accident was partly your fault. In any case, it is generally not a good idea to face an insurance company adjuster or corporate counsel without the aid of a seasoned legal advisor.
Turning Your Claim Into Cash
Justice is not automatic, and unfortunately, it is not dispensed out of a vending machine – it must be fought for strategically. Most personal injury victims end up with far less than they deserve because they fail to retain adequate representation, and because they do not know how much their claim is actually worth.
As a personal injury victim, you could be entitled to far more than simple reimbursement of your medical bills. Depending on the facts of your case, you might be entitled to:
- Lost earnings
- Incidental expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other expenses and losses that arise directly out of your injury
A Word from a Client
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Types of Claims We Handle
Following are some examples of the types of claims we handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The defendant's auto insurance coverage is insufficient. Where else can I look for compensation?
Depending on the circumstances, you might look to:
- The defendant’s personal assets
- Your own insurance policy
- The defendant’s employer (if the defendant’s negligence occurred in the line of duty)
- The defendant’s umbrella policy (if he has such a policy and your claim arose from an auto accident)
What are future damages?
Future damages are damages that you have not yet incurred at the time you process your claim. They might include:
- Future lost earnings, if you suffered long-term debilitation
- Future medical expenses, if you will require continuing treatment
- Future pain and suffering (you might suffer chronic pain in the event of a back injury, for example)
It is critical that you claim all the damages you are ever going to need, because you won’t be able to come back and ask for more later.
What are some of the symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI)?
TBI symptoms might take hours, days, or even weeks to manifest themselves. Effects include:
- Mood swings and outbursts
- Difficulty controlling impulses
- Difficulty reasoning effectively
- Attention and concentration defects
- Memory loss
- Speech impediments
- Difficulty learning new material
Are parents liable for the intentionally wrongful acts of their children?
Under the Illinois Parental Responsibility Act, parents can sometimes be held financially liable for the intentionally wrongful acts of their child between the ages of 11 and 19. Some of the limitations on this liability include:
- The child must not be legally emancipated
- The child must live with his parents
- Negligent acts generally do not trigger liability (with some exceptions – a DUI accident, for example)
The Tale of the Numbers
At Maman Law, we let the numbers do the talking for us. Numbers like:
- 95: The percentage of cases we win, and the percentage of successful cases we settle out of court
- 15,000: The number of clients we have won compensation for (almost equal to the entire population of McKinley park)
- $200,000,000 (and counting): The amount we have won for our clients
- $0.00: The amount you will owe us if we fail to bring home compensation for you – we work for free unless you win
Time is a Thief – Don’t Delay
If you have become the victim of a personal injury caused by someone else, or if your loved one died this way, call Malman Law 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 (or fill out our online contact page) for a free case consultation.