Dedicated New City Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the People of Chicago
New City has come a long way over the past few decades. The resurgence of Back of the Yards, in particular, has inspired all of Chicago with its example of how much a community organization can accomplish with the right attitude. Some of our best clients have called Back of the Yards home, and still others hail from Canaryville.
What all of these clients have in common could be the same trauma you might be facing – a personal injury that was triggered by the misconduct of someone else. Under Illinois law, however, you are entitled to full compensation when this happens, including both your economic damages and your intangible damages such as pain and suffering. Your claim might be worth far more than you think.
Yes, You Can Afford an Attorney
At Malman Law, we offer our clients our Zero Fee Guarantee – if we don’t win, you don’t pay. Even if you do win (like 95 percent of our clients do), our bill won’t come due until the opposing party pays you. Ultimately, it is the opposing party who pays your legal fees, not you. We like it that way because it puts us on the same side – we only win if you do, and we only win big if you win big.
You Probably Won’t Have to Testify in Court
Almost all of our clients’ claims are resolved through private settlement rather than courtroom trial. Because of our winning reputation, insurance companies, in particular, don’t want to face us in court. Although we cannot absolutely guarantee you there will be no trial, we can guarantee that we will be seeking a quick and generous settlement for you from the moment we take your case.
What Our Clients Say
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” — Donyell G.
Types of Cases We Handle
Following are only a few examples of the types of cases we take:
- Vehicle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) On what grounds might an insurance company deny or reduce the value of my claim?
Insurance companies have may tricks up their sleeves. Your insurance company might claim, for example, that:
- your injury was pre-existing (not caused by the accident)
- your medical treatment was excessive
- your medical treatment was not approved by your primary care physician (chiropractic care, for example)
- your treatment falls within a policy loophole
2) My losses exceed the defendant’s insurance policy limits. Is there any alternative source of compensation I might consider?
You might try:
- Your own underinsured motorist insurance policy
- The defendant’s personal assets
- The defendant’s umbrella insurance policy
- The manufacturer of a defective and unreasonably dangerous product, such as tires
- The defendant’s employer, if he was on-duty when the accident happened.
- The government (for a malfunctioning traffic light that contributed to the accident, for example).
3) What is the “overtreatment” defense?
A defendant or insurance company raises the overtreatment defense when he asserts that your injury was treated more extensively than medical needs required and that consequently, it should not have to reimburse you for the excessive portion. Insurance companies commonly assert this defense whether it is true or not.
4) Will I lose the case if the accident was partly my fault?
Maybe, maybe not. If your percentage of fault is less than that of the defendant’s, your damages will be discounted by your percentage of fault. If your fault is equal to or greater than the defendant’s fault, your claim will be dismissed.
Experience Makes the Difference
Any lawyer who passes the bar exam can hang up a shingle and practice almost any type of law he pleases – unlike the medical profession, there are no residency or internship requirements. At Malman Law, by contrast, we have been helping injured victims for nearly a quarter of a century. Through our efforts, over 20,000 clients have secured the justice they deserved. We’d like to do the same for you.
Make It Happen Starting Today – Contact Chicago’s New City Law Firm
The sooner you get the process started, the better your chances will be for an ideal result. Call us today at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free initial evaluation of your case — we have someone standing by 24/7. If you can’t come to us for some reason (injury, for example), we’ll come to you, even if you are in the hospital.