Parkshore Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation
Parkshore Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation is a 318-bed long-term skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility located in Chicago, Illinois. It is owned and managed by a for profit corporation. This facility must meet and adhere to Federal and State guidelines that ensure that residents receive sufficient standard of care. In the event that your loved one appears to be not getting the care that they deserve, or that you suspect abuse or neglect, contact an elder care attorney to ensure the rights of the patients are protected.
Responsibilities of a Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility
All skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Illinois must follow the guidelines established in the Illinois Nursing Home Act (210ILCS/45).
Some of the patient rights and facility responsibilities mandated by this law include the following:
- Patients have the right to private telephone communication.
- The patient or family member who has a Medical Power of Attorney has the right to be informed of treatment options and to participate in the development of the Plan of Care.
- Residents of the facility have the right to participate in an advisory committee to communicate resident concerns to the administration of the facility.
- The facility must provide minimal patient to staff ratios established by the State to ensure residents have access to care by certified or licensed staff.
Some of the signs that a loved one might not be receiving the level of care that they deserve include the following:
- Pressure sores.
- Inability to articulate the reasons for particular treatments.
- Frequent unexplained falls or injury.
- Missing appointments at off-site medical providers.
About Parkshore Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation
Parkshore Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation is one of the largest facilities in IllinoisDuring their last inspection, they had a higher census than the average Illinois skilled nursing and rehabiliation facility. Additionally, past concerns during inspections resulted in Parkshore Estates receiving ratings that are significantly lower than the average because their last health inspection revealed concerns in the following areas:
- Providing specialized treatments as indicated by the treatment plan of the patient.
- Ensuring that patients receive a health assessment by a qualified licensed health professional
- Allows the patient to participate in treatment plan decisions
- Failed to notify the patient, the patient’s family, and the patient’s physician of circumstances that affect the well-being of the patient.
Contact an Elder Care Attorney if You Suspect Negligence or Abuse
In the event you think a loved one is not receiving the care they deserve in a nursing home facility, a Chicago nursing home attorney can help ensure that the resident’s rights are protected. Many times the elderly residents of nursing homes are not aware of their rights. In the event you suspect a family or loved one in a nursing home is suffering abuse or neglect, contact Malman Law at (888) 625-6265 for a free consultation.
- High Level Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Individual and Family Counseling
6125 South Kenwood
Phone: (773) 752-6000