Renaissance at Midway Nursing Home
The Renaissance at Midway is a 247-bed facility in Chicago that is a part of the Renaissance care centers in Chicago. The Renaissance at Midway specializes in skilled nursing care and treatment for dementia, Alzheimer’s and wound care.
They also have a Homeward Bound Program that provides a customized rehabilitative program for each patient to help them maximize their mobility.
Quality Nursing Home Care
Nursing home facilities offer many services for their patients to provide quality residential living as well as customized medical services to care for those who suffer from illness, physical conditions and mobility issues. A nursing retirement home must adhere to several quality health, safety and dietary guidelines in order to be considered to be a quality care facility.
The following areas should be up to code for satisfactory nursing home care:
- Policies should be in place to protect against hiring nursing home abusers. There should be careful screenings and background checks to prevent patient abuse or neglect
- Meals served should be nutritious and served according to the patient’s dietary needs.
- The patient’s medical care should be carefully monitored and administered
- There should be regular communication between the family and the doctor caring for patient
- Any changes in the patient’s care should be immediately reported to the family
- The facility should have proper fire safety
- There should be a protected environment that wards against hazardous conditions that could cause accidents
These are just several of the things to expect from a quality nursing home facility. If you suspect your nursing home does not meet these qualifications, call an Illinois nursing home negligence lawyer.
More About The Renaissance at Midway
The Renaissance at Midway is a Chicago-based nursing home facility that had some reported inadequacies in the past according to a report from the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid. The report indicated that The Renaissance at Midway had health deficiencies in several areas, including medical care, nutrition and
mistreatment deficiencies. The total number of health deficiencies at The Renaissance at Midway was more than twice the number of deficiencies in the state of Illinois. In the past, the report also indicated that there were also a number of fire safety deficiencies that exceeded the state average. For more detailed information about this report, click here. In the case of wrongful treatment or neglect, an elder attorney can help.
The Renaissance at Midway
4437 South Cicero
Chicago, Illinois 60632
If you suspect any abuse or negligence in the case of your loved one, contact an Illinois nursing home negligence lawyer at Malman Law at: 1888-625-6265 to get the help you need for your loved one.