Oak Park, IL Family-Focused Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Helping Patients
Oak Park, Illinois is a village next to Chicago’s West Side. Austin Boulevard, North Avenue, Roosevelt Road, and Illinois 43 act as borders that separate Oak Park from Chicago, and from neighboring communities. Attractions such as the Oak Park Farmer’s Market bring many visitors from elsewhere in the metro area, including some of us from time to time.
The rest of the time we often have far more serious matters to attend to. One of these is helping people with loved ones who they suspect are suffering abuse at the nursing homes where they reside.
Outrage Can Be an Empowering State of Mind
Of all the types of personal injury we deal with, nothing outrages us more than nursing home abuse. Fortunately, we know just how to fight back on behalf of those who cannot fight for themselves. Even if you are not certain whether your loved one’s malady can be traced to abuse – fear not. Our team of capable investigators is trained to uncover the facts for you and proceed with decisive action.
Your choice of law firm could be a critical component to stopping the abuse and winning your claim. At Malman Law we are seasoned professionals.
- We win for our clients 95 percent of the time.
- We have served over 20,000 clients to date – which is equivalent to about 30 percent of the population of Oak Park
- We have recovered over $200 million in compensation for our clients.
- Over 90 percent of our winning clients walk away with out-of-court settlements – and no need for a trial.
Nursing home abuse and neglect
Steve and Kelly were great! The entire process moved much faster than we thought it would. We received a nice size settlement.
I would highly recommend Malman Law!
– Susan, January 16, 2015
Our Other Areas of Practice
Our attorneys can handle just about any type of personal injury claim, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are the most common types of nursing home abuse?
The most common forms of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical (including over-medication to keep the resident immobile for the convenience of the staff)
- Neglect (consistent failure to perform any duty required for proper care, including supervision and security)
2) What are my legal options if I have evidence of nursing home abuse?
There are four basic legal pathways you can take. If circumstances warrant, you can pursue more than one of these options simultaneously.
- File an administrative complaint with state authorities (hotline: 1-866-800-1409)
- Seek a private settlement with the nursing home or its insurance company
- File a nursing home abuse lawsuit
- File a criminal complaint
3) Which Illinois state agency supervises nursing homes?
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) supervises the roughly 1,200 nursing homes operating in the state of Illinois. The IDPH is responsible for:
- Annual inspections
- “Spot” inspections
- Assisting nursing homes in applying for federal Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
4) How can I find the rating of my loved one’s nursing home?
You can view the nursing home’s rating on the Medicare website. You can search by name or by ZIP code. The ratings list the nursing home’s comprehensive ranking, inspection results, staffing levels, and other quality measurements.
5) Do nursing homes issue written policies and procedures that they are bound to comply with?
Yes, nursing homes are required to codify their policies and procedures; and nursing home residents and their designees have a legal right to read these policies and procedures. Violation by a nursing home of its own policy can be used as evidence in a nursing home abuse lawsuit.
Our Zero Fee Guarantee
Winning 95 percent of our cases gives us a little leeway that we otherwise would not enjoy. Since so few of our clients walk away empty-handed, we are in the position to guarantee you that if you are one of these few, your total bill from us will be precisely $0.00. We don’t like paying for nothing, and we don’t think you should have to either.
Act Immediately to Protect Your Loved One In Oak Park; Call Our Skilled Firm
Job one is to make sure the abuse stops immediately, and job two is to aggressively pursue just compensation for your loved one. We can help with both. Call us today at (312) 629-0099 (toll-free at 1-888-625-6265), or fill out our online contact form. We can meet for a free consultation. We can meet at our offices or, or at a location that is convenient for you.