Trusted O’Hare Personal Injury Lawyers
O’Hare is perhaps better known to the outside world as the name of an international airport. Locally, however, it is best known as one of Chicago’s 77 community areas, comprising parts of both Cook and DuPage counties. With I-90, I-190, I-294, US 12, and US 45 all running through parts of it, it is no wonder that we see so many car accident victims from this area.
Car accidents are not the only type of personal injury we handle, however – in fact they represent fewer than half of the total number of personal injury claims we deal with in a given year.
How Injury Victims Unintentionally Damage Their Claims
Hundreds of potential pitfalls await a claimant who proceeds without an attorney. Some of the most common are:
- Lying or contradicting yourself. The opposing party will jump on that so fast it will make your head spin.
- Apologizing for the accident. Your politeness will be used against you.
- Talking about your case with others, even close friends.
- Posting on social media (or allowing your friends to post information about you on their profiles).
- Failing to follow your doctor’s instructions.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, not to pay claims. They make money by raking in insurance premiums, and they lose money by paying out claims. That reality puts your interests in opposition to the interests of the insurance company, even if it is your own insurance company. Of course, their advertising doesn’t mention any of this.
What makes it worse is that insurance adjusters are expert negotiators – after all, that is what they do for a living. That’s OK, because we are expert negotiators too. Let us handle negotiations for you while you make all the major decisions.
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Types of Claims We Typically Handle
Although we handle just about any type of personal injury claim, we handle the following types of claims most frequently:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some conditions that might not show up immediately after a car accident?
Some of the most common conditions with delayed symptoms include:
Your injuries could be called into question if you fail to seek medical treatment immediately after an accident because you falsely believed that you were not injured.
What are the most common forms of medical malpractice?
The following types of medical malpractice constitute a high percentage of all medical malpractice claims:
- Failure to read a patient’s medical history
- Errors during surgery
- Failure to diagnose/misdiagnosis
- Medication errors (wrong type or amount)
- Failure to seek informed consent before performing a medical procedure
What kinds of medical negligence might result in a sepsis infection?
Sepsis is one of the most common – and deadliest – medical complications. It can be caused by:
- Abdominal infections
- Post-operative infections
- Infection of the bloodstream
- Antibiotic resistant bacteria
- A weakened immune system
What are some special considerations that apply to an Uber accident?
Liability can become complex when one of the vehicles involved in the accident is carrying a passenger for commercial purposes. Some of the features of Uber accident claims include:
- You generally cannot sue Uber itself because the driver is considered an independent contractor, not an employee.
- Uber driver insurance applies whenever the driver is on “available” status, even if he is not carrying a passenger or on his way to pick one up.
- Uber insurance coverage exceeds the minimum required under Illinois state law, and it greatly exceeds it while the driver is carrying a passenger.
Our Zero Fee Guarantee Puts Us on the Same Side
Under our Zero Fee Guarantee, you will owe us nothing until you obtain recovery from the opposing party. Our bill will not come due until your money actually arrives. If we fail to obtain a recovery for you, your total bill from us will be zero. Don’t worry, we won’t go out of business that way – we win far too often for that to happen. But we only win if you win too.
Contact Us Today and Let’s Make It Happen Together
If you have suffered a personal injury that you suspect may be someone else’s fault, or if your loved one was killed that way, call us today. We are available 24/7, at 1-888-836-5975, or contact us online for a free case consultation. If you can’t visit us due to your injuries, we will come to you.