Senior Associate Attorney
Kelly Sabo Gaden joined Malman Law as a Senior Associate in 2011. She has dedicated her legal career to obtaining justice for the victims of nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, and personal injury.
Mrs. Sabo Gaden is a graduate of Augustana College, where she had the honor of serving as the 144th Annual Commencement Student Speaker. During her time at Capital University Law School, she contributed to the article, “Kelo vs. City of New London: An Argument for Banning Economic Development Takings,” which was published in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy.
Prior to joining Malman Law, Mrs. Sabo Gaden practiced law at a Chicago personal injury law firm and worked in the Chicago office of a top regional law firm for civil litigation defense. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice.
Mrs. Sabo Gaden lives in Chicago with her husband, Brian. When not practicing law, Kelly enjoys Chicago sporting events, tennis, food and traveling. She is also involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Since becoming an attorney in 2007, Mrs. Sabo Gaden has helped her clients recover millions of dollars in compensation. Highlights of her case results at Malman Law include:
- $800,000 settlement recovered on behalf of a 28-year-old disabled individual who was living in a community integrated living arrangement (CILA) when she suffered a fatal seizure. The CILA’s direct support personnel refused medical care and treatment despite persistent request by the paramedics to transfer the individual to the hospital.
- $675,000 recovered for the family of an 88-year-old woman who died after suffering severe dehydration due to nursing home staff’s failure to notify the patient’s physician of critical lab results in a timely manner.
- $600,000 assisted living settlement recovered on behalf of an 84-year-old man who suffered severe injuries due to numerous falls ultimately leading to his death. The death certificate listed subdural hematoma and fall as the cause of death.
- $500,000 settlement recovered for the granddaughter of a nursing home resident who suffered weight loss, pressure sores, and malnutrition while under nursing home care and hospital supervision. The victim’s death certificate listed sacral decubitus ulcer (a form of pressure ulcer) as her cause of death at the age of 84.
- $425,000 recovered from a nursing home and hospital after a 58-year-old man developed multiple severe and gangrenous pressure ulcers due to suffering numerous falls.
- $375,000 recovered for the family of a 64-year-old woman who entered a nursing home for short-term care while the family remodeled their home to provide ramps and wider doors for her wheelchair. Within six weeks of nursing home care, she developed nine pressure ulcers that required multiple debridement surgeries and ultimately lead to her untimely death.
- $300,000 recovered for the family of an 89-year-old man who died as a result of multiple infected bedsores suffered while in nursing home care.
Speak with Attorney Kelly Sabo Gaden About Your Case
If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of negligent or abusive care in a long-term care facility, a nursing home, or a hospital in Illinois, Kelly Sabo Gaden and our skilled legal team can help you hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions and collect compensation for your losses. Dial 1-(888) 625-6265 or fill out our free online consultation.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Supportive Living Facilities
- Community Integrated Living Arrangements (CILAs)
- Elder Abuse
- Augustana College
- Capital University Law School
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Nursing Home Litigation Group