Tinley Park’s Knowledgeable Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Tinley Park, Illinois is a wonderful place to live – in fact, in 2017 Businessweek selected it as the best place in the United States to raise a family. Cultural attractions such as the Vogt Visual Arts Center render the town attractive to visitors as well. Quite a number of our friends and clients live in Tinley Park, and some of them have told us distressing stories of nursing home abuse.
Nursing home abuse is an offense that nobody really likes talking about, because of its disturbing nature. The reality that none of us enjoys thinking about is that about 30 percent of nursing homes have been cited for serious forms of abuse. With 100,000 Illinois residents living in nursing homes, that is a lot of people at risk.
We Can Handle It
Since 1994 Malman Law has been practicing personal injury law, and only personal injury law. The results have been impressive.
- We have represented over 20,000 personal injury clients, enough to fill more than half of the seats in the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre.
- Historically, we have won 95 percent of our cases.
- We employ a full-time Registered Nurse with decades of experience to help evaluate your nursing home abuse claim.
- We have collected over $200,000,000 for our clients, including many multi-million dollar settlements.
- Only about five percent of our winning cases go all the way to trial – the rest are settled out of court by defendants who are reluctant to take on our experienced trial attorneys.
Nursing home abuse and neglect
Steve and Kelly were great! The entire process moved much faster than we thought it would. We received a nice size settlement.
I would highly recommend Malman Law!
– Susan, January 16, 2015
Our Other Areas of Practice
Our attorneys can handle just about any type of personal injury claim, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are some of the telltale signs of nursing home abuse?
There are many conditions that might point to nursing home abuse, although most of them are inconclusive by themselves. Some of the most common are:
- Unexplained injury
- Sudden, unexplained weight loss
- Abrasions on the wrists or ankles
- Soiled bedsheets
2) Can I sue the nursing home for injuries inflicted upon my loved one by another resident?
You might be able to. Although the nursing home is not directly responsible for the acts of another resident, you might succeed by claiming that the nursing home negligently supervised their residents, leading to your loved one’s injuries.
3) Can a nursing home restrict visitors?
The general principle is that a nursing home may not restrict visitors without a good reason. A “good reason” includes:
- A doctor restricting visitation from a particular person for medical reasons.
- An administrator may restrict visitation for the sake of the health or safety of your loved one or another resident.
A legal guardian may be entitled to decide on visitation on behalf of a resident who is unable to make his/her own decisions.
4) Is there a legal deadline by which a nursing home abuse lawsuit must be filed?
The Illinois Statute of Limitations sets the deadline for filing any kind of personal injury lawsuit. In nursing home abuse cases, however, determining the deadline can be a deceptively complex process. Speak with your lawyer about this matter.
5) How can I check the nursing home’s inspection record?
The Medicare website includes a search function that allows you to search nursing homes by name and ZIP code. The resulting listing includes several indicators of quality for each nursing home, including inspection results.
Our Zero Fee Guarantee
There is no such thing as being too poor to be able to afford our services. We don’t charge our clients upfront fees, and we are so confident in our ability to win that we will charge you absolutely nothing for our entire representation unless we win compensation for you. That’s our Zero Fee Guarantee.
It’s Time to Draw the Line; Connect With Driven Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Tinley Park
Winning a nursing home abuse claim is, of course, about a lot more than just money. Effectively pursuing a claim can get the abuse stopped as soon as possible, and it can command the attention of a careless nursing home to ensure better treatment of its other residents.
Call us 24/7 at (312) 629-0099 (toll-free at 1-888-625-6265), or fill out our online contact form, so that we can schedule a free case consultation to evaluate your claim.