Washington Heights Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm
Washington Heights, Chicago is one of Chicago’s 77 community areas. It is bordered by 107th Street, 89th Street, Beverly Avenue, and Eggleston Avenue – and it includes neighborhoods such as Brainerd and Longwood Manor. A number of our personal injury clients over the years have called Washington Heights home.
The harsh truth is that the human body is fragile and easy to injure. No matter how your injury happened, you are legally entitled to fair compensation if it was caused by the misconduct of someone else. To turn a legal entitlement into cash in the bank, or even to determine how much your claim is worth, will likely require the expertise that a personal injury law firm can provide.
Don’t Let the Other Side Bully You
Insurance companies in particular are experts in intimidating a personal injury victim, hoping that he will not realize how much his claim is worth or what his rights are. Businesses and individual defendants do it too. But you don’t have to worry about that, because we don’t let anybody take advantage of our clients. Anybody.
The Choice is Yours to Make
Choosing the right law firm may be the most important decision you make in your personal injury case. At Malman Law, we are content to let the numbers tell our story:
- 20,000+ personal injury clients since 1994
- 95 percent of our clients receive compensation
- 95 percent of our successful clients receive their compensation from private settlements, not courtroom verdicts
- All told, we have collected over $200,000,000 in compensation for our clients
- Many of our clients have won multi-million dollar settlements or verdicts
“Two years ago, I was involved in a trucking accident involving a 14-wheeler truck that nearly disabled me for life. Steve fought to make sure that I received the most possible compensation for my injuries. I was about to take the insurance company’s lowball offer, but decided to call Steve first – it was the best decision I’ve made yet.” – Malman Law Client
Our Areas of Practice
Our attorneys can handle just about any type of personal injury claim, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) How much, if any, can I receive for “pain and suffering” damages?
“Pain and suffering” damages are commonly awarded by Illinois courts when the victim suffers a painful physical injury. The amount depends on:
- The seriousness of the injury
- The amount of suffering involved and the extent to which it can be proven
- The extent of any disfigurement or disability
2) Should I give a statement to my insurance company after a car accident?
You should provide only a written statement that offers a barebones description of the accident. Anything more than that could be used to deny or minimize your claim. Have your lawyer check it over before sending it.
3) How should I respond if the victim dies in the midst of pursuing a personal injury claim?
The Illinois Wrongful Death Act allows the personal representative of the victim’s estate (named in the victim’s will or appointed by the probate court) to file a wrongful death lawsuit if the death was caused by the accident. Damages can be quite substantial, and they are typically shared among the surviving spouse, close relatives and the victim’s probate estate.
4) What kinds of damages are available for a wrongful death claim?
Illinois entitles courts to award any amount of wrongful death damages that are fair and reasonable. Traditionally, courts have awarded damages for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses for the victim’s final illness
- Pain and suffering by the victim
- Loss of financial support by the victim’s relatives
- Mental anguish and other intangible losses by survivors
“But I Can’t Afford to Hire a Law Firm”
You can afford to hire Malman Law, because we won’t charge you any fees until the money from the opposing party has already arrived. Even then, the amount is calculated as a percentage of the actual amount of compensation you receive. That means that if you receive no compensation, you will receive no bill from us. In a sense it is the opposing party, not you, who pays your legal bills.
Take Prompt Action; Contact Dedicated Washington Heights Personal Injury Attorneys
At Malman Law, we see it as our duty to fight aggressively for your compensation, so that you can concentrate on recovering from your injury. Call us today at (312) 629-0099 (toll-free at 1-888-625-6265), or fill out our online contact form. We have someone available 24/7 to take your call and schedule you a free initial case consultation.