A Personal Injury Law Firm for the People of Greater Chicago
Over the years, our West Elsdon clients have come to us suffering from a variety of physical ailments. Some of them were injured in car accidents on Pulaski Road, Central Park Avenue or 60th Street, while others suffered slip and fall accidents or dog bite injuries. What they all have in common is that their injuries were caused by the misconduct of someone else.
Don’t Let the Other Side Smooth-Talk Your Out of Fair Compensation
Since most personal injury claims are settled out of court, and since most personal injury defendants rely on insurance to pay the claims against them, if you handle your claim on your own you will probably have to negotiate against an insurance company executive. These people are professional negotiators with only one goal – to save money for the insurance company.
Insurance Companies Don’t Like Us Very Much
Insurance company executives may be delighted to hear that you are not represented by a lawyer, because they know that you are unlikely to know the real value of your claim. They won’t be happy to hear that you retained Malman Law to represent you, however, because they have probably dealt with us before. That’s OK – we’d rather make you happy than make them happy.
Our Services Are Free Unless You Win
Regardless of whether you deal with an insurance company, the actual defendant, or whether your claim is settled (most likely), or resolved at trial, we offer two guarantees:
(i) we won’t charge you any upfront fees, and
(ii) we’ll never charge you a dime unless we collect for you.
So please feel free to contact us even if your wallet is empty.
A Client Speaks Out
“The Malman Law team is exceptional. Knows personal injury law, very responsive to my personal workers’ comp case, recovered money I thought I would never see. And it happened twice as fast as I thought it would. Thank you, Malman Law.”
Our Main Practice Areas
Following are some examples of the types of personal injury claims that we handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are the most common medical errors that lead to successful medical malpractice claims?
The following types of errors amount to a high percentage of all successful medical malpractice claims:
- Surgical errors
- Failure to diagnose
- Medication errors
- Failure to receive informed consent
Remember that not all negative medical outcomes amount to medical malpractice – professional misconduct must be involved.
2) What should I do in the first few days after a motor vehicle accident?
Take the following actions:
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police
- Get a property damage estimate from your insurance company
- Record the details of your medical treatment (hospital visits, doctors’ names, treatments, etc.)
- Write down your out-of-pocket expenses and keep your receipts
- Keep a record of your lost work time and lost earnings
3) Can I file a personal injury claim over food poisoning?
You may be able to file a claim under Illinois product liability law. Under certain circumstances it is possible to sue anyone in the chain of distribution of the tainted food, and you might not even have to prove that the defendant was at fault.
4) My 8-year-old daughter suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence. Can she file a lawsuit in her own name?
No. Generally, however, a parent or legal guardian can file a lawsuit on her behalf. Any amount your daughter wins could be placed in a special bank account that you would be authorized to withdraw from only for expenses that will directly benefit your daughter.
$200 Million and Counting
At Malman Law, we practice personal injury law and nothing else. It is this commitment that separates us from “jack of all trades” law firms whose practices span many different fields of law. What Malman Law has to offer:
- Nearly a quarter of a century of practice
- Over 20,000 satisfied clients
- Over $200,000,000 recovered for our clients
- A 95% victory rate
- A 95% settlement rate (only five percent of our cases go to trial)
- We employ a full-time Registered Nurse
Act Quickly and Decisively
The sooner you act, the stronger your position will be. Call us today at 1-888-836-5975 (24/7) or contact us online so that we can schedule a free, no obligation case consultation to explore your options. Although we are located only about two blocks from the courthouse, we can travel to meet you if you are too injured to make it to our office.