Skilled Uber Accident Lawyers Serving Chicago
Uber is perhaps the most prominent player in the new ridesharing industry that is turning out to be a nightmare for the traditional taxi industry. Ridesharing can turn out to be a nightmare for passengers and other motorists as well if an accident occurs involving an Uber driver. Uber accidents can get complex because of the multiple insurance issues that can come into play. It is important to discuss your case with a law firm that has experienced Chicago Uber Accident Lawyers.
Uber accidents can involve various claimants, including:
- An Uber driver who was injured by the negligence of another motorist
- An Uber passenger who was injured by the negligence of the Uber driver or another motorist
- A passenger in the vehicle of a non-Uber driver who was injured by the negligence of an Uber driver
- A pedestrian who was injured by the negligence of an Uber driver
What to Do after an Uber Accident
After the accident, take the following steps to the extent that your health allows:
- Seek medical treatment immediately – for the sake of your health, and for the sake of evidence that you will need later.
- Collect contact and insurance information from all drivers involved in the accident and contact information from any witnesses.
- Photograph the scene of the accident.
- Contact an experienced Chicago Uber Accident Attorney.
- Refuse to speak with any insurance company – refer them to your lawyer instead.
You Probably Won’t Have to Go to Court
Opposing parties, particularly insurance companies, know who Malman Law is and they know our reputation. That must be why 95 percent of them choose to settle privately rather than face us in court. Many of our clients have commented on the mysteriously sudden attitude change they detect in opposing parties once they mention that we are the ones representing them.
“If anyone has a problem and is in need of help, call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G
Some of Our Related Practice Areas
At Malman Law, we represent victims of any type of personal injury, and we always represent victims, never defendants. The following are some of our related areas of practice:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I file a claim against my personal insurance policy if my Uber app was on but I had no assignment?
It depends on what type of policy you have. Most personal auto insurance policies exclude coverage for commercial activities such as driving for Uber, even with no current assignment. Some personal auto insurance companies now offer ridesharing insurance.
How much does Uber insurance cover?
Uber insurance covers:
While you are on assignment (including on your way to pick up a passenger):
- $1 million in personal liability/accident
- $1 million in underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage
- Contingent collision/comprehensive coverage (if you are already covered in your personal insurance)
While your app is on but you have no assignments:
- $50,000 liability per injury/$100,000 liability per accident/$25,000 property damage liability
- Contingent collision/comprehensive coverage
Where are the gaps in Uber insurance coverage?
Coverage loopholes in Uber insurance include the following:
- Damage to the Uber driver’s car while his app was on with no assignments (in some cases the other driver’s insurance might cover these damages)
- Personal injury to an Uber driver without an assignment, if the accident was the Uber driver’s fault
I suspect that my Uber driver was drunk at the time of the accident. Can I seek punitive damages?
In Illinois, punitive damages are awarded, if at all, in addition to compensatory damages. To win them, you must show by “clear and convincing evidence” that the Uber driver’s behavior was with outrageous indifference (or at the very least, with a conscious indifference) to the safety of others. A DUI accident may or may not qualify.
You Don’t Owe Us Anything Unless You Win
Under Malman Law’s Zero Fee Guarantee, your fee is set at a percentage of the amount of compensation you receive. Since any percentage of zero is still zero, zero will be the amount of your legal bill unless we either arrange a settlement or win in court. We’re not worried about it, since we win 95 percent of our clients’ cases.
Action Is the Antidote to Worry
At Malman Law, over 15,000 satisfied clients can sing our praises – to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation recovered. If you have been hurt in an Uber accident in Chicagoland that may have been someone else’s fault, call the aggressive Chicago Uber Accident Lawyers today at 1-888-836-5975 or simply fill in our online contact form and we will schedule you a free case consultation.