Chicago Dedicated Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys
Have you or someone you know suffered injuries from a slip and fall accident? Have you tried in vain to obtain compensation from another party for reimbursement of medical bills and pain and suffering? Have pain, loss of wages, and increasing medical bills put a strain on your relationships?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you need someone to fight for you. No one should have to endure the pain and anguish of physical injuries such as head and spinal cord injuries and then have to fight for their just compensation. Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Malman Law will aggressively pursue your lawful claim originating from a premises liability accident.
What is a slip and fall accident?
There are several types of these accidents. These include:
- Trip and fall – thousands of people are injured each year in trip and fall accidents resulting from uneven ground conditions such as curbs, tree roots, or sprinklers.
- Step and fall – serious injuries can occur from falls caused by holes, slippery ground, or any failure of the surface you are walking on.
- Stump and fall – severe spinal injury can happen when you encounter an unexpected obstacle while walking.
What are my rights if I slip and fall on someone else’s property?
If you fall on someone else’s property, the property owner may be liable for your injuries. You need an experienced accident lawyer to provide a competent evaluation of your case and engage the proprietor or the insurance provider(s).
Our personal injury attorneys at Malman Law will collaborate with experts to assess the extent of your case. We have a proven track record of success in evaluating accidents that are usually hard to prove. By consulting with specialists, we can establish the amount of recovery you are entitled to.
How much is my case worth?
Each claim will differ based on the type of injury sustained and where the accident took place, whether on private, commercial, or public property. What other factors will we consider in determining the value of your case? Here are a few:
- Severity of your injury
- Past, current, and future medical bills associated with the slip and fall injury
- Lost wages if you were unable to work while recovering from the injury
- Pain and suffering
At Malman Law, we have handled more than 15,000 cases over 20 years of experience. We are uniquely qualified to assess the nuances of your case so you can obtain the maximum amount possible for your claim. Take a look at some of our success stories and you will see the value of our experience.
How do I know who is liable for my injuries?
We all have a basic duty to act in a safe manner given the conditions that we find ourselves in. With that said, property owners have a certain degree of responsibility in how they maintain their premises. Property owners must take reasonable steps to ensure that their property is free from dangerous conditions that would cause a person to slip or fall.
A slip and fall accident may involve various liable parties, such as property owners, managers, and sometimes multiple insurance companies. How do you know whom to contact? Having a reputable liability injury lawyer is crucial to your success in determining liability and, ultimately, in obtaining a favorable judgment and settlement.
I’m not sure I have a case…
It is easy to get discouraged when talking to friends and family, or even by the unsolicited “friendly advice” of strangers, about your accident. Only an experienced personal injury attorney can tell you for sure whether you have legally valid claim. They will take into account the legal standards for fall accidents that were put in place to protect people from personal injury. These standards include establishing that:
- The owner of the property created the condition.
- The owner of the property knew the condition existed and negligently failed to correct it.
- The condition existed for such a length of time that the owner should have discovered and corrected it prior to the slip and fall incident.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Slip and Fall Injuries
I hurt my back in a slip and fall in Chicago. What are my legal rights?
When you fall in Chicago when you’re on someone else’s property or when you’re shopping, it can cause injuries to your back, neck, and also cause other injuries. People who own property, regardless of whether it is residential or commercial, have a legal obligation to keep their property reasonably safe for others. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Slip and falls in Chicago can have more than one liable person. The person who owns the property is likely liable. However, managers of a store and even the insurance company may be held legally liable. It can be hard for you to determine liability on your own. If you’ve experienced a slip or fall in Chicago, you should call Malman Law to have your case evaluated. Call us today at 1-888-247-2160 to schedule your free initial consultation.
How do I know if I have a slip and fall case in Chicago?
With all of the information available online, it can be hard for most people to know whether they have a legitimate liability case in Chicago. It’s important that you immediately contact an experienced liability attorney in Chicago. There are three main standards used by personal injury attorneys to establish if you have a valid claim:
- The owner of the property created the condition that caused the slip and fall. A common example of this would be a retail environment that mopped their floor, but did not have signs indicating that the floor was slippery.
- The owner knew of the condition and did nothing to correct it. When dangers, such as a wet floor, are known and they are not corrected, this is negligence. Negligence isn’t always that easy to determine. For instance, if a property owner or retail manager was not aware of a hazard that caused the accident, there may still be negligence, but it isn’t as easy to define as the previous example.
- The condition existed for a long period of time and the owner should have been aware of its existence and corrected it. This particular standard shows the importance of contacting a Chicago injury attorney. A standard like this may seem easy to determine, but in reality, it can be hard to meet.
If you were involved in a slip and fall in Chicago, contact Malman Law right away to schedule your free case evaluation. Victims may be eligible to receive compensation because of the injuries that they suffered. To learn more and to have your case evaluated, call us today.
What is a slip and fall claim worth in Chicago?
These types of accidents are often joked about, but they’re no laughing matter. People who fall could suffer from permanent back injuries, broken bones, and even closed head injuries. If you’re hurt because of a fall, you may lose time from work. This lost time from work results in mounting medical bills. In reality, these accidents are often serious, life-changing matters.
What a slip and fall claim is worth in Chicago depends on several factors:
- Whether the accident occurred on private, commercial, or public property.
- The severity of the injuries received because of the slip.
- Associated medical bills.
- Future medical care that will be needed because of the injuries that you sustained.
- Lost wages if you’re not able to work because of the fall.
- Pain and suffering.
If you’re involved in a slip and fall in Chicago, call Malman Law as soon as you can. We provide free case evaluations. In the last 20 years, we’ve handled more than 15,000 cases. Our experience is second to none and we are here to help.
What is a slip and fall in Chicago?
Traditionally, this accident is exactly what it sounds like. It happens because of a hazard, such as a slick floor, and experience an actual injury in some way. However, the term ‘slip and fall’ is actually quite broad. It can also encompass:
- Trip and fall. Examples include tripping over uneven ground, tree roots, curbs, or sprinklers.
- Step and fall. Examples include falls caused from holes, slipping on gravel, or if the ground or floor you are walking on gives way.
- Stump and fall. This occurs when you’re walking and you unexpectedly run into and are injured by an object, such as a tree stump.
If you’re hurt in Chicago by a slip and fall, call Malman Law right away. We provide free initial consultations. With more than 15,000 cases handled during the last 20 years, we are slip and fall experts who can help determine if you have a legal claim.
Contact Malman Law to Discuss Your Chicago Slip and Fall Accident
At Malman Law, our attorneys have the experience, resources, and skills to offer you premium legal representation. Our goal is for you to obtain the maximum recovery to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. On a broader scale, we are dedicated to ensuring that occupants and owners of commercial and private properties are more cautious to ensure the safety of their premises.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you owe it to yourself to find a trusted advisor to guide you through the process. Thousands of others have trusted us with their slip and fall cases. Let’s talk about how we can earn your trust. Visit our conveniently located offices in Chicago’s “Loop” or schedule a free consultation today.