Knowledgeable Attorneys For Glenview Residents Suffering From Nursing Home Negligence
Glenview, Illinois is known throughout the nation for the quality of its public schools, which are widely recognized as some of the nation’s best, especially Glenview South High School. Over the years, we have had the opportunity to serve many Glenview clients, especially in the areas near The Park and The Glen.
Many of our clients come to us with horrific stories of nursing home abuse suffered by their loved ones. Make no mistake about it – there is nothing that makes us angrier than nursing home abuse, and there is nothing that motivates us more to fight for justice. We treat a nursing home abuse claim as if it were our own loved ones who were being abused.
Don’t Let Them Get Away With It
The least confrontational approach to nursing home abuse would be to quietly transfer your ailing loved one to another nursing home. If you do that, however, it is likely that the offending nursing home will continue abusing its residents that same way they abused your loved one. And your loved one will be shortchanged out of the compensation that justice demands.
The Tale of the Numbers
Anyone fresh out of law school can set up a website and seek personal injury clients. At Malman Law, however, we’ve got quite a bit more than that going for us.
- Over 23 years of experience practicing only personal injury law
- Over 20,000 victorious clients
- Over $200 million in aggregate compensation awarded to our clients
- A 95 percent victory rate
- 95 percent of our winning clients sign a settlement agreement without ever having to walk into a courtroom
A Word from a Satisfied Client
Nursing home abuse and neglect
Steve and Kelly were great! The entire process moved much faster than we thought it would. We received a nice size settlement.
I would highly recommend Malman Law!
– Susan January 16, 2015
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Following are a few of the kinds of cases that we typically handle..
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What are my legal options if I have evidence of nursing home abuse?
You have four main options.
- File an administrative complaint to launch a formal investigation and have the abuse stopped as soon as possible.
- File a lawsuit seeking damages.
- Seek a private settlement with the nursing home (most nursing home abuse cases are eventually resolved this way).
- File a criminal complaint (in cases of serious abuse).
2) Can I file a claim against the nursing home if my loved one is injured in a slip and fall accident?
Probably. The nursing home will be liable if you can tie your loved one’s injury to some sort of negligence on the part of the nursing home – providing your loved one with a broken walker, for example. Since nursing homes are charged with supervising and caring for residents, your chances of success could be fairly high.
3) What are most nursing home abuse claims based on?
The most common legal grounds for nursing home abuse claims are:
- Inadequate resident supervision
- Negligent nursing care
- Negligent hiring
- faulty maintenance of nursing home facilities and equipment
- assaults by nursing home staff
- breach of contract
4) What regulations govern Greater Chicago nursing homes?
Chicago nursing homes are governed by Illinois state nursing home regulations and, if they accept Medicaid/Medicare, recently revised federal nursing home regulations. Proving that the violation of a nursing home regulation harmed your loved one goes a long way towards winning a nursing home abuse claim.
Our Services are Free of Charge Unless We Win
At Malman Law, we don’t use the billable-hour system. We charge strictly by the results we are able to achieve for our clients.This means that we charge no upfront fees, our fees are calculated as a percentage of your compensation, and we charge no fees at all if we fail to win compensation for you. How can we afford to do this? Because we win 95 percent of our cases.
Take Prompt and Decisive Action by Contacting Trusted Glenview Lawyers
There is no time like the present to begin seriously pursuing your nursing home abuse claim. As the clock ticks, the abuse continues and critical evidence begins to slowly deteriorate (e.g., witness memories fade). Call us anytime 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We can come to meet you if you can’t make it to our office.