Orland Park, IL Vehicle Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in a car accident, you’re likely facing a lot of stress. Between dealing with insurance companies, medical bills, and car repairs, you have a lot on your plate. Contact an Orland Park car accident lawyer for help.
What to Do After an Auto Accident in Orland Park
If you have been injured in an auto accident, protecting your rights starts with making informed decisions at the scene of the crash. In order to maximize your financial recovery, there are important steps you will need to take once you get home as well.
At the Scene of the Accident
At the scene of the accident, if it is safe and you are physically able to do so, you should:
- Call 911. Pull over if you can, then call 911 right away. Let the dispatcher know that you have been involved in an auto accident and you may be in need of medical attention.
- Collect Vehicle and Insurance Information. Record the license plate, make, model, and color of each vehicle involved in the accident, and exchange insurance information with the other drivers.
- Take Photos. An easy way to collect vehicle and insurance information is to take photos of the other vehicles and the other drivers’ insurance cards. Take plenty of other photos of the crash site as well.
- Talk to Witnesses. If anyone stopped to assist, ask what they saw and ask them to give you their name and contact information in case you need it for dealing with the insurance companies.
- Get a Copy of the Accident Report. Before leaving the scene, ask the responding police officer for a copy of the accident report.
Once You Get Home
Once you get home after the accident, you should:
- Follow Up on Your Medical Care. As soon as possible after the accident, you should seek a full medical diagnosis. Once you get home, carefully follow your doctor’s advice and put your next appointment on your calendar.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Advice at Home and at Work. If your doctor told you to rest, you need to rest. Don’t overdo it at home, and resist the temptation to return to work before your body is ready.
- Keep All Records Related to the Accident. As you begin receiving medical bills and letters from the insurance companies, be sure to keep copies of everything in a safe place.
- Try to Relax. While dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident is stressful, it is important to try to relax. Take deep breaths, and try to do things you can enjoy without jeopardizing your physical recovery.
- Schedule a Free Consultation with an Attorney. The best way to protect your rights after an auto accident in Orland Park is to hire an experienced attorney to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf. To avoid unnecessary challenges, you should schedule a free initial consultation as soon as possible.
Why Call an Orland Park Automobile Crash Lawyer?
A car accident lawyer has the experience you need to seek compensation for doctor visits, car repairs, lost wages, and anything else related to the accident. They will be able to advise you on the best methods to proceed with the case. If you have been in an accident, seeking legal help can help provide resolution to the claim sooner, so that you can get back to your regular life.
Contact Malman Law today to learn more about how a car accident lawyer can help you.