Intelligent Personal Injury Lawyers Here for Clients in Clearing, Chicago
Clearing, Chicago, home of Chicago Midway International Airport, includes the neighborhoods of Chrysler Village, Clearing East, and Clearing West. Most of us are quite familiar with Clearing for a number of reasons – not the least of which is that so many of our clients have resided in Clearing.
Our clients come to us because they are in distress after suffering a serious personal injury that they believe was caused by someone else’s misconduct. You may have suffered a personal injury of your own recently – a car accident injury, a reaction to a defective prescription drug, medical malpractice, or a slip and fall accident at a shopping mall.
The Chicago Civil Compensation System
If you were injured through someone else’s misconduct, a legal claim arises in your favor. Enforcing your claim is the hard part – which is where we come in. We can help you negotiate your claim with a stingy and deceitful defendant, most often an insurance company. If the other side refuses to offer a reasonable settlement, our trial lawyers stand ready to battle it out in court.
The Malman Law Difference
Which law firm you choose to represent you may well turn out to be the most important decision you make in your case. There are a lot of law firms out there. So when you make your choice, it is important to rely on objective, factual information. Here are the facts on Malman Law:
- We practice personal injury law and nothing else.
- We always represent victims, never defendants.
- We obtain compensation for 95 percent of our clients.
- We have served over 20,000 clients since 1994.
- We have recovered over $200 million for our clients.
- 95 percent of our winning clients walk away with out-of-court settlements.
“If anybody has a problem and is in need of help call Malman Law. At Malman Law you are not just a client, you are part of the family.” – Donyell G.
Our Areas of Practice
Our attorneys can handle just about any type of personal injury claim, including:
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Will you keep all of our communications confidential?
Yes we will. As licensed lawyers we are legally, morally, and professionally bound to a fundamental legal principle known as attorney-client privilege. This principle mandates that we keep all conversations with our clients absolutely confidential unless the client consents to the release of any information.
2) What are some tips for negotiating a favorable personal injury settlement?
The following principles are basic when negotiating a personal injury settlement:
- Know the full value of your claim under Illinois law.
- Accurately assess your chances of victory in court should negotiations fail.
- Pay attention to what the opposing party says, and also to what they keep quiet about.
- Bring your lawyer with you to the negotiating table, or have your lawyer negotiate on your behalf.
3) Can I file a lawsuit if the dispute is based on an agreement that includes an arbitration clause?
You probably can’t, because courts like to enforce arbitration clauses. There are very few ways to evade an arbitration clause. Fear not, however – arbitration offers significant advantages such as speed and simplicity, and we can represent you in arbitration proceedings if necessary.
4) What kinds of product defects can support a product liability lawsuit?
Illinois law recognizes three different types of product defects:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Inadequate product safety warnings (“warning defects”)
5) Can I file a lawsuit over an intentional criminal assault?
You probably can, and you might also be able to obtain punitive damages. If you were mugged, however,the defendant might be too poor to pay your claim. If you were unjustly assaulted by a bouncer in a bar, by contrast, you might be able to sue the bar and collect damages from them or their insurance company.
If We Don’t Win, We Work for Free
Since we win 95 percent of our cases, it’s not very often that we work for free. Nevertheless, we will gladly do so rather than charge fees to a client who received no compensation. If you lose, we lose – and we only win if you win. Since our bill only comes due once your money arrives, it is essentially the opposing party that pays your fees.
In Clearing You Can Fight Back By Contacting the Trusted Attorneys of Malman Law
The Illinois civil compensation system is complicated, and often overwhelming. But you won’t have to worry, because in over two decades of practice, there isn’t much that can happen that we haven’t handled before. Call us 24/7 at (312) 629-0099 (toll-free at 1-888-625-6265), or fill out our online contact form for a free initial case consultation.