Chicago, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
When you or a loved one suffers a serious injury, it can turn your life upside down. Serious injuries affect your life and the lives of those around you – physically, financially, and emotionally. We have represented thousands of clients, so we understand what you are going through. We understand that you need help and, more than anything else, you just want to be able to move on.
At Malman Law, we provide compassionate, vigorous, and effective representation for victims of personal injury and wrongful death. We choose to practice personal injury law because we are dedicated to using the justice system to help accident victims obtain the compensation they deserve. From slips and falls to dangerous products, whatever the cause of your injury, if someone else is to blame our attorneys will fight to hold them accountable and help you win just compensation.
Tireless Advocates for Victims of Injuries and Wrongful Death in Chicago, IL
With over 20 years of experience and more than $200 million in recoveries, we know what it takes to win maximum compensation. Over 15,000 clients have trusted Malman Law to fight for their rights in settlement negotiations with the insurance companies and in litigation at trial. Whether you have suffered a spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, or other serious injury – or if you have lost a loved one to wrongful death – you can count on the personal injury lawyers at Malman Law to do what it takes to win your case.
Construction workers and pedestrians alike can face serious, and sometimes fatal, injuries when something goes wrong at a construction site. At Malman Law, we vigorously pursue claims against all responsible parties for injuries sustained in construction site accidents.
Vicious dog attacks are not only terrifying, but can also lead to a lifetime of physical and emotional trauma. Illinois law is clear in the protections it provides for victims of vicious dog bites, and we have helped numerous victims obtain substantial compensation for their injuries.
Police brutality is a sad reality in our society, and one that violates the very foundation on which our country was built. At Malman Law, we are passionate about helping victims of police brutality protect their Constitutional rights and obtain just compensation.
If you have been injured by a dangerous or defective product, there may be numerous parties that are responsible for your losses. Illinois law provides special protections for consumers who are injured by products they buy online and off the shelves, and our attorneys have successfully represented numerous clients in claims for products liability.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Falls from heights can have life-changing consequences, and even “minor” slips and falls can lead to serious injuries. Whether you were injured at work, on public property, at someone else’s house, or at a commercial or retail location, we can help you fight for compensation for your slip and fall injury.
No Legal Fees Unless We Win
At Malman Law, we handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay any legal fees during your case. We understand that your finances may be strained already due to the accident, and we believe that cost should not be a barrier to effective legal representation. With our zero-fee guarantee, you pay nothing until we have secured financial compensation for your losses. This is our zero-fee guarantee.
Not Just Another Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer
Malman Law is more than just a personal injury law firm. We are a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping accident victims recover from their injuries and losses. We are passionate about what we do, and we have the experience, resources, and reputation necessary to win the largest possible settlement or verdict for your losses. We only take cases we think we can win, and we truly care about serving the best interests of our clients.
In addition to providing unmatched legal representation:
- We have an on-staff nurse who is available to assist our clients
- We provide assistance with obtaining injury loans
- We offer free online resources for injury victims and their families
- We will come to you for your free initial consultation
Contact Malman Law to Schedule Your Free, No-Obligation Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has been serious injured or killed in an accident, we encourage you to contact us right away. Our legal team is standing by to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. To schedule your free, no-obligation with a personal injury attorney at Malman Law, call our Chicago law offices at (888) 625-6265 or request a consultation online today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is personal injury?
Personal injury is part of our civil law code. It is an area of law that is designed to help people who are hurt because of what the other party did or didn’t do. It is based on a concept that is referred to as negligence. Negligence involves:
- A legal duty. One person had a legal duty to another person. For instance, people who have a license to drive a car have a legal duty to follow the laws of the road.
- A breach of that legal duty. One person doesn’t fulfill the legal duty. For instance, someone who is speeding and runs a red light is breaching more than one legal duty.
- An actual injury occurs as a result of the breach. Using our example, a person who runs a red light and hits another vehicle has caused an actual injury. The other car is damaged. Another person is likely injured.
- The injury must be caused by directly by the breach. If the car that ran the red light slammed into the passenger side of the vehicle, that would be a direct cause.
Personal injury is actually a broad area of law that covers many different types of injuries. Malman Law is dedicated to helping people who are victims of personal injury. We provide free initial consultations and work on a contingency basis. This means that you don’t pay us anything if we don’t settle your case or win in court. Call or contact us today to learn how we can help and to schedule your free consultation.
What are some common personal injury claims?
Personal injury is part of our civil law system. It causes an injury to a person, damage to a property, or even death. Common personal injury claims include:
- Car accidents. This is one of the most common personal injury claims in Chicago. These claims often include property damage, medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and wrongful death.
- Dog bites. Dog bites are another common personal injury claim. With dog bites, it is important to note that if you were provoking the dog or if you were trespassing, you will most likely not be able to file a claim. There are other exceptions to the law as well. If you are bitten by a dog, call Malman Law to have your claim evaluated.
- Slip and fall. Slip and falls may sound like they aren’t a big deal, but they can cause permanent injury. Slip and falls can occur on private property, commercial property, and even on public property.
- Police brutality. Unfortunately, police brutality is a sad occurrence in our society. We are passionate about helping victims of police brutality protect their Constitutional rights and get the compensation that they deserve.
- Product liability. If you are hurt by a defective product, you may have a claim of product liability. Illinois law provides special protections for those who are hurt in this manner.
This isn’t an entire list of events that qualify as personal injury claims. If you were hurt because of someone or something, contact Malman Law. We provide free case evaluations. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get their lives back on track. Call us to schedule your free initial consultation.
What kind of compensation is available in personal injury cases?
Personal injury cases vary. What a personal injury victim may be eligible to receive in the form of compensation will depend on the facts associated with their case. This is why it is important to have your potential personal injury claim evaluated by a Chicago personal injury attorney. Damages that you may be entitled to receive include:
- Compensation for medical expenses that are a result of the injury.
- Lost wages, including overtime.
- Compensation for physical disability or disfigurement.
- Compensation for pain and suffering.
- Compensation for mental anguish, loss of enjoyment, and emotional distress.
- Compensation for property damage.
- Compensation for out of pocket expenses that resulted from the injury.
Exactly what you may be eligible to receive for a personal injury claim will depend on the severity of your injuries as well as the determination of a court. The Chicago injury attorneys at Malman Law provides legal representation for victims. Our goal is to help you get back to living your life. We provide free evaluations for personal injury claims. To schedule your free initial appointment, call us today.