Committed New City Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
It is never easy to place your loved one in a nursing home, but sometimes medical realities render that decision unavoidable. The shock and anger that wells up within you when you discover that your loved one is being abused by the very people to whom you entrusted his or her well-being is something that our New City nursing home abuse lawyers understand.
You’re in Good Hands With Us
At Malman Law, we’re not playing around. In nearly a quarter of a century of practicing only personal injury law, we have represented over 20,000 clients and counting – and we always represent victims, never defendants. 95 percent of our clients walk away with compensation for their injuries, and 95 percent of our winning cases are resolved at the settlement table, not in court.
Even if you don’t want to go to court, it is your ability to fight and win in court that provides you with your bargaining power in settlement negotiations. Let our New City nursing home abuse lawyers do the negotiating for you, because we have done it thousands of times before and we won’t fall for any of the other side’s tricks.
A Word from a Satisfied Client
Nursing home abuse and neglect
Steve and Kelly were great! The entire process moved much faster than we thought it would. We received a nice size settlement.
I would highly recommend Malman Law!
– Susan January 16, 2015
More About New City, Chicago, Illinois
New City is an ironic name for a community area that includes Canaryville, one of Chicago’s oldest neighborhoods, and Back of the Yards, which has been around for well over 100 years. Some of our best clients hail from New City, including people who came to us after suspecting that their loved one was suffering from nursing home abuse.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Following are a few of the kinds of personal injury cases that we handle:
- Vehicle accidents
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death claims
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) What legal rights do nursing home residents enjoy?
Both Illinois law and federal law list numerous rights enjoyed by nursing home residents. Below are only a few of them.
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The right to set your own schedule. (e.g., when to wake up and when to go to bed)
- The right to refuse medical treatment.
- The right to see your own doctor.
- The right to manage your own finances or appoint a representative to do it for you.
- The right to have and keep personal belongings.
- The right to privacy. (e.g., staff cannot read your mail)
2) Where can I find the nursing home regulations that govern Illinois nursing homes?
The Illinois Nursing Home Care Act is the state legislation that governs Illinois nursing homes. Additionally, federal nursing home regulations also apply if the nursing home accepts Medicare or Medicaid (most do). If state and federal regulations conflict, federal regulations are controlling. It is vital you discuss your case with experienced and proven New City nursing home abuse lawyers.
3) What steps should I take if I suspect my loved one is suffering abuse in a nursing home?
Take the following steps immediately.
- Demand a copy of your loved one’s medical records. The nursing home is required to provide a copy to your loved one, and to anyone properly authorized by your loved one.
- Address your concerns to the nursing home administration, unless you suspect that the response will be a cover-up.
- Contact Malman Law for a free consultation.
4) Who can I name as a defendant in a nursing home lawsuit?
You can sue the nursing home itself as well as individual administrators, personnel, nurses, doctors, nurse’s aides, and other health care providers. The nursing home is responsible for the misconduct of their employees, but not for the misconduct of a doctor. Nursing home employees are responsible only for their own misconduct. Contact our skilled and compassionate New City nursing home abuse lawyers to ask questions and talk about your situation.
Malman Law’s Zero Fee Guarantee
You may have heard that lawyers charge hundreds of dollars an hour for their services. Well, some of them do, but that’s not how we do business here at Malman Law. All of our clients receive the benefit of our Zero Fee Guarantee – your fees will be zero unless we win compensation for you. If our New City nursing home abuse lawyers win, your bill won’t come due until your money arrives.
Strike While the Iron is Hot; Call Compassionate New City Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
When you suspect nursing home abuse, you need to act quickly, for the sake of your loved one and other nursing home residents who might be suffering abuse at the same institution. Call our New City nursing home abuse attorneys anytime 24/7 at 1-888-836-5975 or contact us online for a free case consultation. If you cannot come to us, we can come to meet you wherever you are.